Embroider on terry cloth towels

Carole O'Mara

I hooped pressure sensitive stablilizer in the hoop and smoothed the towel over. I used one layer of water soluble topper, and the basting stitch to hold it in place. The hooped stabilizer and water soluble peeled off easily.

Thanks to all for your advice.
Carole

Mary Mills

I normally use washaway in the hoop and pin solvy on top with the towel.  You might have to turn the design around to accommodate the weight of the towel.  Sew slowly.  Never tried it, but a basting stitch might help.  Lots of ways of doing things!

blue_lak

That's what I did, though I may have only used 1 layer of WS topping. My towel was very deep plush, so I also sprayed lightly with sizing and smoothed the loops in one direction. I let that dry first and then hooped it all. The outcome was better than not using the sizing. No little loops popping up.
Jan in MD

Carole O'Mara

I am embroidering on terry cloth (not the velour type), but the loopy kind.  It's large bath towel.  Should I use a heavy tear-away on back  and 2 layers of water soluble topping on top?

Thanks,
Carole