Quilt Stitches on Skyline 7 Model

Pauline Dickerson

Thanks, I was hoping I could use the accuflex foot
.

On October 21, 2020, at 10:49 AM, "blue_lak via groups.io" <blue_lak@...> wrote:

Pauline, all the snap on feet should be interchangeable with the 12000. However, the Accuflex foot of the 12000 will not work with the S5. The S5 uses 202133005 Convertible Even Feed Foot instead.
Jan

blue_lak

Pauline, all the snap on feet should be interchangeable with the 12000. However, the Accuflex foot of the 12000 will not work with the S5. The S5 uses 202133005 Convertible Even Feed Foot instead.
Jan

Pauline Dickerson

I have a 12000 and a spline 5. Both are 9mm. Are the very interchangeable? This would be wonderful need of so.

On October 11, 2020, at 7:13 PM, "blue_lak via groups.io" <blue_lak@...> wrote:

Foot interchangeability with my MC12000 was a big selling point for me when buying the S7. Everything is interchangeable. I use the Acufeed Flex with the 1/4" foot a lot, and not just in quilting. I get perfectly even edges at the end of a seam when piecing, and it works great when sewing on bindings because I don't have to pin, just keep quilt edges and binding butted up to the flange. I can move the needle position quite a bit while in the Patchwork app if I want a wider seam than 1/4".
It's shown here at about 4:15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30U4rCHmT-s
Jan in MD

blue_lak

Foot interchangeability with my MC12000 was a big selling point for me when buying the S7. Everything is interchangeable. I use the Acufeed Flex with the 1/4" foot a lot, and not just in quilting. I get perfectly even edges at the end of a seam when piecing, and it works great when sewing on bindings because I don't have to pin, just keep quilt edges and binding butted up to the flange. I can move the needle position quite a bit while in the Patchwork app if I want a wider seam than 1/4".
It's shown here at about 4:15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30U4rCHmT-s
Jan in MD

Kathy Strabel

Jan---and the Group----Hmmmm, well, no I had not tried using the Accufeed foot instead of the O foot. I was just following the directions in the manual. Goes to show that sometimes innovation works better than the instructions!!  I have not tried the Accufeed foot for this technique but I will in my next project. Time constraints dictated that I just go ahead and use my 1/4" seam foot and regular straight stitch to complete the many many seams in this gift quilt I am making.   Thank you for this information.
Kathy S.    Camas WA

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 5:10 AM blue_lak via groups.io <blue_lak=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You didn't say whether you were using the Accufeed foot or a regular foot. The few times I've used the stitch length memory feature for quilt piecing, I found it to work perfectly when I used the Accufeed 1/4" foot but got variable results with the regular O foot even with increased foot pressure.
Jan in MD

--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel

blue_lak

You didn't say whether you were using the Accufeed foot or a regular foot. The few times I've used the stitch length memory feature for quilt piecing, I found it to work perfectly when I used the Accufeed 1/4" foot but got variable results with the regular O foot even with increased foot pressure.
Jan in MD

Tracy

Kathy,
Are you using the patchwork stitches like shown in your manual? If not, that is likely why you do not get the message about repeating the seam length or not. Must be in Patchwork. There is a regular seam or 1 with lockstitching at the beginning and end. You have to use one of these 2 choices.   If you are working on patchwork for a quilt, no backstitching is needed as all your seams will be crossed in another direction when putting the pieces together. So the plain seam should work.
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Kathy Strabel

Thank you for answering my question. Oddly, at the exact moment that I pressed SEND to post my question, it dawned on me that I should not still be in the UTILITY stitch app, but the quilting app---er, the patchwork app. I spent a few minutes to familiarize myself with this new-to-me feature and I found it to be just OK. My strips are cut 2-1/2 inches wide (factory-cut Hoffman batiks) and even though they are very consistent, I found that sometimes it took 24 stitches to finish the seam, sometimes 28 stitches. I ultimately just sewed all the short seams in the straight stitch from the UTILITY app. My deadline for completion is close, so needed to move on. I was hoping that I could lockstitch, or at least backstitch, then go forward and then lockstitch at the end....then have the machine remember that sequence but apparently this particular mode is not quite that sophisticated? I need more practice--and probably what I am looking for is better suited in the Stitch Creator realm?  Unfortunately, I have not spent time yet to get to know Stitch Creator. But it is on my To-Do List, for sure!!   THank you again for your quick response  Kathy Strabel   Canas WA

blue_lak

Look on p. 82 of the manual. It's in the Patchwork app with steps listed.
Jan

Kathy Strabel

Hello- Group--
I am having fun trying some of the features I have not ever tried before. The Skyline 7 manual ( page 82) shows a way that the machine can automatically remember the length of a seam so you can stitch  many of that same (length) size seam automatically. I have installed the "0" foot, made slight adjustments in the pre-set needle position, and started sewing my 2-1/2" long seam, with standard 1/4" seam allowance.   The manual then states that when I stop sewing that seam, the machine remembers the length  and  a message will show on my screen asking if I want to do the SAME SIZE or a DIFFERENT size  (length) seam. However, that message does not show on my screen.  I have about 100, 2-1/2" long seams to do on this quilt, and flash feeding is not an option.   I would love to utilize this patchwork seaming technique on this gift quilt i am making.....any idea why I am not getting the message on my screen ??   I have adjusted my sewing table so I can stand while sewing, and this means I must use my hands a lot more to start, reverse,go forward  then tie off each seam. I am hoping that this "automatic" recall of stitching the same seam length can work for me.  I have not had the time to explore Stitch creator, and I am hoping that will not be necessary to get this patchwork seaming  feature activated.

Enjoy your day, be safe and healthy out there.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA