15000 Quiltmaker v3 Upgrade question

Andrea LaVergne

Was the PC-2 foot used first in the Yarn Embroidery package with the  9000 or 10,000?  I remember using the foot and little cone to do couching when I was not embroidering ( of course my memory could be faulty!)
Andrea

Pixey

Thanks Favy.  That makes since...I was having trouble figuring out why they called it PC...but now know the C is for Couching.

Pixey

On Aug 10, 2020, at 10:56 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

The P foot is for regular embroidery, PC-1 and PC-2 are embroidery couching feet. Height adjustments are always available for all of these embroidery feet in the adjust screen and also in the Set screen.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

valora hammond

I wonder if PC-2 is for yarn couching?  Is there a diagram(pic) beside it?

On Aug 10, 2020, at 9:56 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

The P foot is for regular embroidery, PC-1 and PC-2 are embroidery couching feet. Height adjustments are always available for all of these embroidery feet in the adjust screen and also in the Set screen.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

favymtz

The P foot is for regular embroidery, PC-1 and PC-2 are embroidery couching feet. Height adjustments are always available for all of these embroidery feet in the adjust screen and also in the Set screen.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

Pixey

I was doing a straight embroidery project (as opposed to a quilting project) on my 15000 the other day and noticed something that appears to have changed with the v3 Quiltmaker upgrade. I noticed that on the embroidery settings screen for the Embroidery Foot Height, it now offers 3 preset options which are labeled P, PC-1, and PC-2. I checked the v3 Quiltmaker manual and while the picture matches, it does not explain the purpose of the other two settings or what their default values are supposed to be. I am assuming it uses P for flat, PC-1 for a thin batting layer, and PC-2 for a thicker batting layer. Does anyone know if this is in fact the case?

Pixey