binding foot for 14000

Maria Morrow

So what happens at the corners with the foot?

Maria

On Jul 10, 2020, at 9:32 AM, candy <candycgill@...> wrote:

If you have facebook.  There is a good one on Janome Sewing Machines facebook page.  You can also check out youtube and there are a couple on youtube. Just ask for Janome quilt binding foot.    Also, Jim and Diane of this group have a great demo in their FootBook (which is for sale in app store—very reasonable price for very helpful guide to all Janome feet). I found it helped to watch more than one of the demos—-as they each show it just a little bit differently.   There are some showing exactly how to attach, info on how to miter corners, etc.

On Jul 10, 2020, at 8:55 AM, Debbie via groups.io <dhoops44@...> wrote:

Where is this video you mentioned?
Thanks,
Debbie

On Jul 9, 2020, at 8:12 PM, candy <candycgill@...> wrote:

I use it all the time. From what I’ve heard, if you are a perfectionist you might not be happy.  I am not a perfectionist and this saves time.  Directions call for two inch strips to be used.  I have never tried to make it larger than that—-and I know some people cut theirs at 1 5/8 inch.
It takes a bit of practice to get used to using—but the demo videos are great for helping.
I am very glad that I have it. (I have the 15000)

On Jul 9, 2020, at 5:00 PM, sewnice@... wrote:

Hi all,
just finished watching the video on the binding foot... this looks amazing!  As I always have trouble with binding.... can any one tell me if they use this foot adn how they like it, also how wide can the binding be.

Thanks
Sharon

sewnice@...

Hi Debbie,
the video I watched is on this forum.  Under FootBook.

Sharon

Ceil J

If it's the quilt binder that's being talked about, here's one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=HPOfVXC3pVw&feature=emb_logo
When I asked my dealer about it he said that he'd want me to  come in for a lesson on it before he sold it to me.
Since then I think someone said it only gives a single fold binding and that's not what I'm looking to do.  Lately I've either used a decorative stitch to bind (mostly the small wavy one) or a binding that has faux piping.

candy

[...]

nancy chachere

I use it and I love it. The fabric should be cut no wider than 2 ½ inches wide  I think the instructions recommend 2 inches maximum, but I have used 2 ½ with  no bad effects

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Nancy C. Chachere

Attorney at Law

1523 Polymnia St.