From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 1:56:35 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Question for other HD9 owners

After several months of other distractions, I am finally getting to one of the projects that I bought my HD 9 for.  It seems to sew fine but am really surprised at how noisy it is.  It really seems to have a groaning noise as it sews, which is particularly noticeable at lower sewing speeds.  Checking the troubleshooting in the manual, I did clean and oil it, but the noise is still there.

Is this typical of this particular machine or do I need to get it in to my dealer while it is still under warranty?  I am slightly concerned because I had assumed it was a new-in-the-box machine but when I went to oil it, I discovered some lint buildup in the bobbin area and fuzzy red thread fibers in the bobbin case tension spring.  Also, the styrofoam in the box was really beat up (had to pick pieces of styrofoam out of crevices using tweezers).

Pixey

Pixey

Thanks Pam.  As a follow-up I did reach out to my dealer and he said it was supposed to have been a new from the factory machine and had a new machine warranty and encouraged me to bring it in.  He has dealt honestly with me in the past and I have bought numerous machines from him.  If there was something going on with some test sewing, I think it may have been at a higher level.  Regarding the broken styrofoam, the outer box was pretty beat up...but that is not surprising given how our regional UPS is.  The way the machine was taped up, accessories were packed,  and all the other pieces in sealed bags, it did not have any other red flags of having been a used machine.  I have had some packages delivered that I would swear look like they have been driven over.  Plus, I actually thought some of the styrofoam looked pretty flimsy given the weight of this machine.

I did take the machine in and they checked it over while I was there.   They said what I was hearing was normal motor noise.    Once it got up to speed, it. Really leveled out.  Also, it did not seem as loud in the open store area, so I may have also been hearing some table vibration and and echo  from being in front of a window as well.  But by having already made the query, if something does go awry, I have documentation of having raised a concern.

Pixey

On Jun 4, 2020, at 2:59 PM, Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> wrote:

The machine is louder than my other Janome machines however the styrofoam should not be all beat up more than likely you got a used machine

Unfortunately there are some shady dealers out there I had a dealer try that with me with the hd9 and because I know Janome machines and how they're packed I knew it was a used machine I had to end up threatening the dealer letting them know that if my money wasn't refunded immediately I was going to report them to Janome to the Better Business Bureau and I was going to ask my credit card company to do a chargeback if they didn't do it