Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12,000, broken thread message

Joy Stone

Thank all of you for your comments!  I will try locating and CAREFULLY  sensor.  If that fails, I will contact a dealer about servicing.  Stay safe everyone!

Lynda Lu Gibb

I had the same thing happen.. I took of the throat plate , cleaned the sensor  at the top right corner under there,very carefully then replaced it and The message stopped.

Marsha_Comcast

I'm not sure where you're located but my local Dealer and all that I know of are allowing curbside drop-off and pick-up for service and repair. So if they're close, you might check. And from what I hear the turn around time is quick since that's kind of all they're doing. Hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Virginia

When was the last time you had it serviced,  sometimes a piece of thread you cannot see will interfere with the sensor. I would suggest taking it to your dealer.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

After sewing without problems for several years, I am now having a terrible time with my MC12,000 giving me the message “broken thread”,  after just a few stitches.  Initially, the thread was broken & I rethreaded it.  When the message kept appearing, I went to the instruction manual for help.  I changed thread, made certain I was threading the machine according to the instructions, changed the needle, and have even removed both the bobbin and the bobbin case for a “deep cleaning”.  I have turned off the machine, unplugged the machine, and still have the problem. I have turned back to my old Singer Athena 2000 (era 1980’s) as a back up for routine sewing.  Before I break quarantine and visit a dealer, does anyone have suggestions as to what else I can do?  Thank you.

Joy Stone