Topics

6500P

vicki J. Wardwell <vjw_65@...>

Governor has a hefty fine for anyone caught doing anything in/near their shop. I do not know his home number.

On April 18, 2020 at 2:09 AM Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:

Vicki-
You might try calling your dealer and see if the machine is ready and if you can do curb-side pickup for it.  The only issue would be if you wanted to try it out before taking it home with you.  But- if you make an appointment and were the only customer inside the shop and wore a mask... You might be able to pick up your machine now rather than wait.  I have had experience with some of the newer Singer machines and they are not worth much IMO.  All the plastic parts etc inside make them not as good as they once were.  I've also used the little $75 machines when a young girl came to my sewing club with it.  It worked well for the doll clothes.  My issue is it didn't have a light so it was hard for me to see what was going on with it.  But- my vision is also screwy (has been for 30yrs) and I have issues with it more than just needing great lighting.
Tracy

mah_jongg

You should check to see if they do curb side pick up. He could still be at his shop fixing the machines.

Betsy

I bought my 6500P used from ebay in 2002 it has only needed serviced once just after I got it.  It is a workhorse and is still going strong.  I use it almost everyday while my 15000 is doing embroidery.  I had a 10000 and it ran from 2001 until I traded it in 2 years ago.  I loved it and it never needed service, used it almost daily but wanted bigger hoops and larger computer in it.  I love them both and will always choose Janome. They just keep on going.
Betsy in CA

Tracy

[...]

Vikki Youngmeyer

I bought the 6500 about 2 weeks before the 6600 came out. I sewed that thing into the ground! I traded it and my 350e in on the 12000 when it first came out. I bought it from the same store I bought the 6500 from and got a good trade in allowance. The owner was refurbishing the machines. When she came to my 6500, it became a parts machine as I had really sewn the heck out of it as I did a lot of quilting on it!

Vikki
Houston, TX

My 6500 went in for regular service the day the gov. shut down our state, I am committed to make over 50 masks a local lady loaned me her backup machine.After complete self-service it stitches kinda okay.
Is a Singer Simple 3116 Uggghhhh I am hoping my machine is done when our state opens back up I can't get these masks done with the Singer.Thread breaks every two minutes.I am totally spoiled by my 6500P. Nurses need these masks.
Vicki
On April 17, 2020 at 9:04 AM Carole Schneider <sewgram@comcast.net> wrote:

I have a 6500. Older than the 6600. My husband won it for me many years ago and it has been a wonderful machine. Still going strong and I consider it my “work horse”!

vjw_65@...