Topics

Thread cutter on 11000

vjw_65@...

Do you have a tiny level? the cutter may be bent you need to check for level.It has to travel across a path that has other metal either may be bent. Once mine had a needle point in the elbow where it
swings out to cut the thread. Look in the elbow have a small magnet there to catch it.
Vicki

Yes, several times have changed needle. No, it is a horrible jamming kind of noise - ONLY at that moment when it is cutting.
_._,_._,_

Roberta K

Jean:

I have an 11000 and I have found that sometimes thread can get caught in the thread cutter. Have you removed the plate so you can see inside? You also have to make sure you are using the correct bobbin. Janome bobbins work the best for there machines.

Roberta in FL

Jean Olson

Yes, several times have changed needle. No, it is a horrible jamming kind of noise - ONLY at that moment when it is cutting.

Cheryl Alm

Have you changed the needle and made sure it is seated correctly, also the wrong bobbin or the bobbin being I wrong can also make a lot of noise.

On Apr 16, 2020, at 2:01 PM, Jean Olson <jean_olson@...> wrote:

I bought this machine recently and first used from embroidery and the thread cutter worked just fine. However, I later found that when I am in sewing mode, it makes a horrible noise and I think the needle point is hitting something. Well, like so many, I have been only doing sewing - masks. It would be quicker and easier on my hands if it were working. I was actually planning on taking it in, when our restrictions started. As a senior, I am pretty much housebound. Might there be anything  that I could check to see what is happening and perhaps at least remedy it temporarily?

By the way, I am enjoying sewing on it. I have a 6600 but I enjoy using this one more. I actually had a 15000 that I bought used but it was just overkill for me and I was irritated by it. I was leery about selling it - thought I probably would regret it. Finally I did sell it and haven't regretted it at all. Beautiful machine but just too over the top for me:-)

Jean Olson