Topics

Uneven bobbin winding on MC500e , possibly other Janome models

Kathy Strabel

Hello, Group!    I have read several massages that the bobbin winding on some machines is less than satisfactory. I have found that my bobbins were winding unevenly on my MC500 machine. After eliminating some obvious things, like tension, bad thread, etc, it dawned on me that I was storing the "hump jumper" tool that comes with the machine, in a place just to the left of the bobbin winding post. The contour of the hump jumper tool fits perfectly in that space, but the tool interferes with the thread coming from the guide to the far left of the machine and going onto the bobbin.  It does not allow the thread to wind properly onto the lower area around the bobbin's core.   SO, if you also store your hump jumper there--remove it while winding a bobbin.  It makes a great storage space fior the tool, but not so great when  you are trying to wind a bobbin.
Take care, be safe and healthy
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Vicky McEwen

Please  tell me  what  is a hump  jumper

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Phone.

[...]

Vicky--The "hump jumper" is also called something like "height compensation tool". The one that came with my Janome is beige plastic, in a slight V shape. You use it when crossing bulky seams, or other thick areas. You slide it under the foot while stitching; it levels the foot out so you do not get skipped stitches or uneven stitches.  The small black knob on the regular zig-zag foot also performs this duty, but the knob on mine has ceased working, so I like to keep the hump jumper/height compensation tool handy, not hidden in a drawer where I have to look for it when I need it.
Hope that helps!
Happy stitching!!
Kathy S. Camas wA

--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel

Cheryl Paul

I think this topic needs to be changed. A hump jumper has absolutely nothing related to “uneven bobbin winding on a MC500e”. A 500e would not have a hump jumper because it is an embroidery machine not a sewing machine.

Cheryl - Saskatoon