Topics

Masks

Linda Wunder

I run a 1.25” strip - straight grain through my bias tape maker tool (I use the yellow one).   Then fold over again and press.  Then I zigzag the strips full length. They make ties about the right width. *** Be careful starting the zigzag stitch the throat plate on the machine will try to eat your strip—- you won’t be happy.
Linda

On Mar 30, 2020, at 6:22 AM, Roberta K via Groups.Io <robkon94@...> wrote:

Ginger:

What you can do is instead of using elastic, cut long strips of leftover fabric about 15-20” long and 1 1/2 inches wide, fold in half the long way, press, fold each edge in up to the fold, press and stitch along the edge. Finish the sides where the elastic was supposed to go, and sew the ties to each corner.

Roberta in FL

Roberta K

Ginger:

What you can do is instead of using elastic, cut long strips of leftover fabric about 15-20” long and 1 1/2 inches wide, fold in half the long way, press, fold each edge in up to the fold, press and stitch along the edge. Finish the sides where the elastic was supposed to go, and sew the ties to each corner.

Roberta in FL

Shirley Allen

Good for you****

bhd02@...

FYI, In my stash I found two "Pin Wheel Bejewel" rolls of quilting cotton cuts 21/2". Cut lengthwise, they are the perfect size for four mask straps. I'm making them for a local dealer.

Jim Stutsman

As Mary stated, they want ties, not elastic. I'm sure that you can find a facility local to you that is in need of the masks you've made. Thanks for helping!

Ginger Benckert

Mary, my mask are with elastic, I don't have the supplies right now for ties.

GINGER
https://www.stitchedinfaith.com

Custom embroidery and stock designs

On March 27, 2020 at 1:59 PM "Mary Green via Groups.Io" <mgreenr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

My daughter is a Pharmacist on the Navajo Reservation, and they are in need of masks. They must be pleated, with a pocket for a filter, and have ties- no elastic. The masks must be mailed, but DO NOT PUT YOURSELF AT RISK GOING TO THE POST OFFICE!! The address is:
Northern Navajo Medical Center
Hwy 491 N
P O Box 160
Shiprock, NM