See machine message

Mary Jo Hirsch

After three week in shop for this problem it returned the second time I plugged in and turned it on.  Please help.  Thanks

Jim Stutsman

Every time the machine is turned on it runs a self-test. This message comes up when the test fails, but you have no way of knowing what phase failed or what caused the problem. Usually it has to do with the needle plate sensor no registering a valid state. There is no way you can fix this. It requires sensors to be adjusted. Next time you take it in, before you leave the store switch needle plates. Do this 2 or 3 times and confirm that you don't get the message.

NOTE to all posters: When posting a photo please crop and/or resize so it is not so huge. Giant pictures are annoying, but they also make messages take longer to download, which costs more if you are using your data plan to download. Thanks!

Janet Cicerano

I received that same message earlier this week when trying out my Janome 500e for the first time.  It turns out my bobbin was not loaded correctly causing it to break inside the bobbin case.  I found 3-4 broken pieces of bobbin thread in there when I took it apart.  During my New Machine class today the instructor showed my the correct way to load the bobbin.
Best,  Janet

Mary Jo Hirsch

Thanks

--
null

Cynthia Dickerson

I have one suggestion for you to check.  When I first got my machine I had all kinds of problems and they all were caused by my needle plate not being placed on the bed of the machine correctly.  Even if the plate closes and you pushed on the little circle to close it, it could still be in wrong.  The problem I had was my left hand front corner was raised a tiny bit.  Try running your hand along all four corners of your needle plate.  It must be exactly flat with the bed of the machine.  If you feel it raised a tiny bit in any corner, it is not in correctly.  I have to check this step every time I change needle plates and I have learned exactly how I must insert my needle plate for all to match up.  It was a very simple fix for my many problems.  I am hoping this might help you also.

Ann Jones

 re bobbin insertion. Ensure it looks like a 'p' not a 'q. (The thread tail from the bobbin).An image given in a class decades ago and always used since.

Ann

Kathleen Chevalier

And "p" stands for perfect and "q" stands for quit. I learned that when I got my S9 last year.

On 1/16/2020 3:09 PM, Ann Jones via Groups.Io wrote:
 re bobbin insertion. Ensure it looks like a 'p' not a 'q. (The thread tail from the bobbin).An image given in a class decades ago and always used since.

Ann

--
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania