Topics

MBX Question - How Designs Load into MBX software

Cheryl Paul

Thanks Favy,
I didn’t realize that we had the choice of loading designs into the software “ungrouped”. I just thought that it was a “new” feature and that we needed to ungroup once we had messed around trying to figure out “why” everything got selected when we only wanted one object. After reading your post, I went looking for the spot in the software that we could make that choice. I found it as today my brain was actually thinking straight and I went to software settings and found the correct tab - that doesn’t always happen when I need to find something.

I’m going to have to brush up on some stuff as my son in law wants me to digitize names for 8 and 9 year old girls that play hockey. We actually have a girls league here, but they still have to play with the boys as there just aren’t enough. It is funny to watch as the girls for the most part just aren’t as aggressive as the little guys seem to be. This is non-contact hockey at this age until about age 10-12 and NEVER in the girls leagues. Now lettering isn’t that difficult but Cory might have some ideas on “what” he wants and I’m not even sure what he wants this embroidery on. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be very small and something that is already put together and really NOT possible. I suggest that I make little bags or pouches but he says that is too much work - guess he doesn’t understand what taking apart entails, because it has to be put together again. I’d rather do it from scratch - if he knows what he wants or the team wants. There’s about 12-14 kids and maybe 4 coaches or assistants. It could be fun and I’d actually HAVE to do something.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Teresa Stanulis

Cheryl, when my son played hockey I made skate rags for the kids every year. I used an old hockey player motif from Janome (I think) and put the kids name and number on the towel. Easy to embroider and the kids loved it!

On Jan 13, 2020, at 5:48 PM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:

[...]

favymtz

Glad you found it Cheryl! And I’m especially glad you searched for it, that’s why I didn’t say where to change it!
Sometimes it’s preferable to not have a design grouped, sometimes it is, it’s nice to be able to change it.
--
Favymtz