Topics

janome 500e error message

Janet Cicerano

Hello, my brand new Janome 500e has an error message.  this is my first time using this new machine.  The yellow bar, error message in the window is:  Raise Presser Foot and Needle Bar, then turn power on again.
I raised the presser foot and turned the hand wheel to raise the needle all the way up.  Turned off the machine and turned it back on.  I makes a noise like it's trying to do something, but then I get the same error message again.
I had just finished embroidering my very first design when this happened.
The machine did break the thread 2 times during this design which was 1 color very simple flower.
I Googled this error message and can only find that it may be a Motherboard computer problem and will need servicing.
Thanks for your help,
Janet

Janet Cicerano

Hello, I wanted to follow up on my previous question regarding the error message. I found the bobbin had a bunch of loose thread on it. The machine is working again but I have a lot of bobbin thread showing on the right side of the design. Is there an adjustment for this?
I have my new user class this week that came with my machine, cant wait!  I expect this will answer a bunch more questions I have.
Best,
Janet

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020, 8:43 PM Janet Cicerano <janet.cicerano@... wrote:
Hello, my brand new Janome 500e has an error message.  this is my first time using this new machine.  The yellow bar, error message in the window is:  Raise Presser Foot and Needle Bar, then turn power on again.
I raised the presser foot and turned the hand wheel to raise the needle all the way up.  Turned off the machine and turned it back on.  I makes a noise like it's trying to do something, but then I get the same error message again.
I had just finished embroidering my very first design when this happened.
The machine did break the thread 2 times during this design which was 1 color very simple flower.
I Googled this error message and can only find that it may be a Motherboard computer problem and will need servicing.
Thanks for your help,
Janet

Jim Stutsman

Since this is a new machine for you, the problem could be due to several things. If the bobbin gets put in backward it will quickly pull out of the bobbin tension and pull up to the top. If you are using a fine bobbin thread you may need to use the yellow dot bobbin case, if you got one with your machine. Your new owner class should clear up a lot of questions and problems, and any machine issues you may have can be handled then as well.