Topics

15000 Service

Jim Stutsman

The red dot case is the standard case that can be used for everything, including embroidery. If, and only if, bobbin thread is pulling up during embroidery then use the yellow dot case. Note that if your original case shipped with the machine was destroyed or damaged, there could also be damage to the hook race that the case sits in. If you hear clicking when sewing, or the bobbin seems to jump and rattle, there's a very good chance of burrs on the hook race. That usually leads to the new case being damaged as well.

J Fraker

If you are near Fletcher North Carolina, there is a very good dealer in Kingsport, Tennessee called Heavenly Stitches Quilt Shop. They have a repairman who seems like he can fix almost anything. It wouldn't be a horribly long drive for you, and if it is something that he can fix in the shop, you can make an appointment with him, tell him you want to wait on it, and he will schedule a day when you can do that. They are a Janome dealer, and he seems very knowledgeable. As a bonus, it is a nice quilt shop and you can browse around while you're there. It's about a hundred mile drive for you, but it's probably better than having to ship it somewhere. if you call him and talk to him about what is going on, he may know off the top of his head whether he can repair it in the shop or if he will have to send for parts.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020, 12:16 PM Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,  I have question about repair of my JANOME 15000 ...If I cannot get a JANOME 1500 repaired  locally, can I send it back to the JAMOME repair in New Jersey or wherever it is?
OR .....do I have to have a JANOME DEALER send it in ?     I do not  live where I purchased my machine or have the box, but I have all my papers & registered it 5 years ago.. My repair man here says it is mechanical not electronic, but service is very slow. I hope he can repair it , as this shop is a drop off & pick up service through a local shop called Foam & Fabric in Fletcher, NC
Thanks for any answers
Elizabeth Ann McCall.

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:07 AM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
What I nice gift for you, Rose!
As a former Janome employee it was always my delight to have a new client come into the more modern sewing machine world.
Because of all the "new to you" features this may seem like a lot more than you think you need, but I assure you that you will truly enjoy the quality and abilities the machine has. I hope you will love your machine, it's a very good, solid, and not so basic machine!
Faviola

--
Favymtz

Elizabeth Mccall

HI Jim,
...I ordered Non JANOME brand case   with yellow dot & one red dot  bobbin case  that was packaged  sold as a JANOME case from a sewing  parts store online.....
 So a Quick Question? Can the red dot bobbin case  be used for Embroidery too?
I know the yellow face plate is for Embroidery only, but .just wondering abut the  yellow bobbin case , as I have heard red could be used.for embroidery .
Many Thanks,
Elizabeth Ann McCall

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 12:20 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
All repairs sent to Janome must be sent via an authorized dealer. Shipping in other than the original box is not recommended, but an authorized dealer can order an empty box to ship it in. Of course that makes it even more expensive. If your local service tech has worked on other computerized machines he should be able to handle whatever the problem is. If you let us know what's happening we may be able to suggest what needs to be done.

Jim Stutsman