Topics

Rose Knott

favymtz

What I nice gift for you, Rose!
As a former Janome employee it was always my delight to have a new client come into the more modern sewing machine world.
Because of all the "new to you" features this may seem like a lot more than you think you need, but I assure you that you will truly enjoy the quality and abilities the machine has. I hope you will love your machine, it's a very good, solid, and not so basic machine!
Faviola

--
Favymtz

Betsy

I love my 6500P, I got it in 2002 used on ebay and had a new MC 10000 at that time.  I love them both but traded the 10000 in for my 15000 2 yrs ago to get bigger hoops.  I still have my 6500 and will never get rid of it.  Great machine and at one time I had it on a Hinterberg frame to long arm my quilts.
Betsy in CA

Pixey

Rose,

Don’t be overwhelmed by all the options and customized “features”.  I have the 6600P (which was the very similar successor to the 6500P) and it is my number 1 go-to machine for basic sewing.  I love the fact that you can just sit down and easily start sewing with an easy to adjust stitch length and stitch width without having to worry about going through menus, choosing auto-setup/application features,  etc.

Pixey

On Jan 2, 2020, at 8:48 AM, Rose Knott DeSousa <rkdyak@...> wrote:

Just a quick question: I got this 6500P for a gift. Is it just for fancy quits etc making. Can't you use it for simple things as putting patches on knees on a adult pair of blue jeans.

Thank you
Rose

Jim Stutsman

The 6500P is a great machine that does pretty much everything except machine embroidery. It can be used for simple projects, like patches, quilting, embellishing, or any other ordinary sewing activity. You'll love it.

rkdyak@...