Customizer 11000

Melinda Crowley

I am new to Janome machines.  I just purchased a 500e and waiting on delivery.  I have been reading a lot of information
online about the Janome brand etc.  One of the items that I can across was referring to the "Customizer 11000" software that
sounded impressive.  It is not new rather it seems to have been around for 10 years or so.  Can anyone tell me more about
the software and where can it be purchased?

Mel

Jim Stutsman

Hi Mel, welcome to the group! Your 500E actually comes with a CD/DVD that contains the software you will need for your machine. Customizer 11000 is older software that was originally created for the Memory Craft 11000, then later modified to include the 350E. It won't do a thing for you, and actually has issues with Windows 10 using USB. When you get your machine install the software that came with it, and then if you have questions you can ask them here. On the 550E I believe the software is called "AcuTools", but I don't know what it is on the 500E. You can let us know that too!

Melinda Crowley

Thanks Jim, as you can read I am very anxiously awaiting my 500e.

Mel

Roberta K

Mel:

Customer 11000 is no longer available to purchase. It was replaced by Janome Digitizer, which is up to version 5. If you are only interested in editing and not digitizing, look into Embrilliance Essentials. Hatch by Wilcom also has a similar program.

Roberta in FL

Pixey

My 500e came with an Instructonal DVD and a DVD with Embroidery Editor v1.0.  Which works very similar to Acutools but being embroidery only has a few less features.

Pixey

On Dec 13, 2019, at 5:14 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Hi Mel, welcome to the group! Your 500E actually comes with a CD/DVD that contains the software you will need for your machine. Customizer 11000 is older software that was originally created for the Memory Craft 11000, then later modified to include the 350E. It won't do a thing for you, and actually has issues with Windows 10 using USB. When you get your machine install the software that came with it, and then if you have questions you can ask them here. On the 550E I believe the software is called "AcuTools", but I don't know what it is on the 500E. You can let us know that too!

Kathy Strabel

Melinda---I am fairly new to Janome machines after decades of loyalty to another brand. I got a sew-only Skyline 7 a few years ago and then got the 500e about a year ago. I am good with both of these machines, with a couple of minor things..  You asked about software for the 500e. I am not familiar with the Customizer 1100 that you inquired about but I would highly recommend that you take a look at Embird. EMbird is not machine brand specific, is a very robust application for way less cost than most of the machine-specific softwares.  There are several online help groups for Embird users, and the program itself allows you to import designs, edit, save, re-size, ...just about everything the more expensive programs that usually require costly updates along the way.  Embird is a modular program; you buy the parts you want, and can add modules at a later date. There is a basic program, that is not really all that basic. In many years of using Embird, I have never felt the program was not adequate. Then there is a Studio module where you can digitize your own designs. There are optional fonts which can be purchased  individually at a nominal cost.Plus a couple more specialty modules--crossstitch, and possibly another one that I cannot recall at the moment. Updates are very reasonably priced. The company also offers a good array of high-quality digitized designs, mostly realistic animals. The only "fault" I can see is that the program does not yet work with Apple format computers, but that could change in the future.   I am in  no way associated with Embird, other than being a satisfied customer for around 10 years.    You can Google something like "embird machine embroidery" and get their website info.   Good luck!   Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Melinda Crowley

Kathy, I have owned Embird since its origination 1997.  Love it!  I just worked with Embird creator to include Qbot read/write .plt files to be included within Embird.  Thanks for your suggestions

On Saturday, December 14, 2019, 10:35:57 AM EST, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

[...]

Janet Cicerano

Hello, I recently purchased the 500e and have not used it yet.  My fairly new laptop does not have a CD/DVD player and I do not currently own an external player.  Is it possible to download the information from a website that is on the DVD that came with the 500e?
Janet

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 6:14 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Mel, welcome to the group! Your 500E actually comes with a CD/DVD that contains the software you will need for your machine. Customizer 11000 is older software that was originally created for the Memory Craft 11000, then later modified to include the 350E. It won't do a thing for you, and actually has issues with Windows 10 using USB. When you get your machine install the software that came with it, and then if you have questions you can ask them here. On the 550E I believe the software is called "AcuTools", but I don't know what it is on the 500E. You can let us know that too!

Cat - N

Do you know someone who has a CD/DVD on their computer that could copy the software to a USB drive? Maybe the library has a computer with both drives you could use. Maybe a computer place (Geek Squad or Staples copy dept) could do it. Or maybe you could ask your dealer?   ‎Maybe they could order the software for your 500e on a USB.

- Cat (FL)

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.
[...]

Betsy

you can buy a cd with usb  to plug into your computer at Best Buy or any computer store.  I think they are less than ten dollars in the US.

Janet Cicerano

Thanks Cat, I'll look into these options.
Best, Janet

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019, 8:18 PM Cat - N via Groups.Io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io wrote:
[...]

I am not sure about an Embroidery Editor download.  But here a link on YouTube of the instructional video.

I would concur that you should probably invest in a USB plug in external CD/DVD drive.  They are not that expensive and while a lot of the design vendors have gone to downloads, some brands still come only on CDs.

Pixey

On Dec 15, 2019, at 2:06 PM, Janet Cicerano <janet.cicerano@...> wrote:

[...]

Nyssa Lanzafame

Also, you should be able to go to your local library for this :)  i know that in the scheme of buying this machine it is a drop in the hat ( or like me it was a years long savings endeavor, and if you actually had the money you would rather buy thread LOL!)  Either way, if this is the one time in months that you will need it, we can keep some electronics out of landfills  by using shared resources :)

Just a thought.  as i did this it was the first time i'd needed a drive in several years, and i have not needed one again since!  though Janome did send me the link via email, for the upgrade for my machine...so they may be able to send you a link if you reach out to them.