New to Janome

Janet Cicerano

Hello,  I am new to Janome machine embroidery with a 500E and stumbled onto this group via YouTube.  If anyone can offer any websites or fun embroidery projects I'd love to hear about them.  I'd like to create a few Christmas items if I learn how to use my new machine quickly.
Thanks!

Mary Jo Hirsch

I like STITCH DELIGHT

--
null

Kathy

I’m partial to embroidery library

Kathy Strabel

Janet--If you are new to machine embroidery in general, you probably should stick to some of the more well-known embroidery websites. LIke Embroiderylinrary.com. They have lots of designs, and instructional pages for some specific projects. THeir designs always sew out beautifully. Be aware, though, that some of their designs have so many stitches that they approach the status of being "bulletproof".  THe 500e is a very nice machine; it is my embroidery-only machine after years of another brand. I am quite happy with the 500e.  Enjoy your new machine!
Kathy S.   Camas WA

Jeffrey Underwood

This link seems to not be an active link.
Jeffrey Underwood

[Moderator note] Corrected link: Embroidery Library
Have you gone Green yet?
Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary

On Dec 4, 2019, at 9:25 AM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:
Janet--If you are new to machine embroidery in general, you probably should stick to some of the more well-known embroidery websites. LIke Embroiderylibrary.com. They have lots of designs, and instructional pages for some specific projects. THeir designs always sew out beautifully. Be aware, though, that some of their designs have so many stitches that they approach the status of being "bulletproof".  THe 500e is a very nice machine; it is my embroidery-only machine after years of another brand. I am quite happy with the 500e.  Enjoy your new machine!
Kathy S.   Camas WA

Kathy Strabel

Try www.emblibrary.com to get there. Or, if that does not work, please Google "Embroidery Library" and you should get information, including the official website URL for the company.  I use that website so many times, that it auto-completes as I type the first few letters, so I don't have to put in the whole words.
Happy Stitching!
Kathy S   Camas WA

Jeffrey Underwood

That works, thank you!

Jeffrey Underwood

On Dec 4, 2019, at 10:06 AM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

Try www.emblibrary.com to get there. Or, if that does not work, please Google "Embroidery Library" and you should get information, including the official website URL for the company.  I use that website so many times, that it auto-completes as I type the first few letters, so I don't have to put in the whole words.
Happy Stitching!
Kathy S   Camas WA

Cathy DeWolf

The correct link is www.emblibrary.com

Cathy
Syracuse, NY

"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 09:58:47 AM EST, Jeffrey Underwood via Groups.Io <jeffrey_underwood@...> wrote:

[...]

Pixey

You might also try Anita Goodesign designs at https://www.anitagoodesign.com/

Also, I suggest you look into whether there are any Machine Embroidery Clubs at your local sewing machine or quilting stores.  These are a great way to learn about stabilizers and tips/techniques.

Like any art form, you will find there are a myriad of opinions on the Internet, and even in this group, that are represented as “fact” or the “only way to do something.”  But what works great for one person doesn’t for another.  So don’t be afraid to experiment. And if it goes awry, odds are one of us may have tried it and can offer insights.

Pixey

On Dec 3, 2019, at 7:05 PM, janet.cicerano@... wrote:

Hello,  I am new to Janome machine embroidery with a 500E and stumbled onto this group via YouTube.  If anyone can offer any websites or fun embroidery projects I'd love to hear about them.  I'd like to create a few Christmas items if I learn how to use my new machine quickly.
Thanks!

Ckovach@...

I use many sweet pea designs http://swpea.com  they have very reasonable prices. Projects have excellent instructions.

Janet Cicerano

WOW! Thank you so much for the great response.  I'll be sure to check out all these suggestions.
Janet

Carole O'Mara

l like embroideryonline.com

Betty S