6600P

ikego58

So, I follow a blog that recommends this sewing machine and I watched her review and this machine looks very good.  Also, this machine has gotten very good reviews on some other sites.  I see it might be a discontinued model though.  I have been thinking of trading in my used 11000 for one of these machines.  Or (don't hate me for being traitor!), I have been thinking of getting a used Bernina because the repair man at the shop I go to said they were the best : ).  But, most likely I will stick with Janomes as I know them.  But, I have found myself using my old Kenmore as my 11,000 is so fussy lately.  The needle threader is not working and the bobbin issue is back.  It will have to be repaired again,  Or if I don't trade it in, I will keep it for just embroidery.  But, I need an everyday very good working machine.  Doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles, but the 6600p looks very good!  Is there a newer and similar one people can recommend.  Thank you!  Kelly

Darren Potton

Hi Kelly,

I have a Tol Bernina and they are great but like you wanted a workhorse.

I decided on the Janome 6700p which is the replacement for the 6600 I’ve only had it a week but it is truly a fantastic machine.

It comes with a host of accessories but what I like the most is the HP system, it’s a special needle plate and a foot that is the same as on industrial machines. It’s easy to switch stitch plates (3 included with machine) there are no screws just press a button and the machine knows which plate is attached.
The machine it’s self is solid and has a metal body, great range of stitches, thread cutter fast bobbin winder and is quiet.
The accufeed flex is brilliant although I have not needed to use that much yet.
The foot control is large so does not get lost under the work station.

Yesterday I was sewing for ten hours solid and all day today making theatre hats for my local hospital and the machine has been faultless.

I certainly recommend testing one at your dealers.

Darren.

On 16 Apr 2020, at 14:52, ikego58 <ikego58@...> wrote:

[...]

Pam Davison

The newer model to the 6600 is the 6700 I do have the 6700 and have been pleased with it's performance