acuSetter and S9 won’t talk to each other

Mary Mills

hi Jim I am trying to get my IPad and S9 to communicate, both have been loaded properly with no luck.  Took both IPad and machine to my local dealer, Joy, the shop owner tried too, even contacted Janome in Sydney Australia with no luck.  I have the best internet connection here, it’s good in Young where the shop is so that is not the problem.  Everything works fine individually just not talking!  Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks and regards Mary.  PS, love ThreadBook, sooo much easier to select threads after you so kindly added my GEM threads.

Jim Stutsman

You can verify that it's not a WiFi issue by connecting through AcuEdit. If that also doesn't work, it's likely a connectivity problem. Assuming that you've done that, or that AcuEdit works, there is only one other area that could be the problem. Both AcuEdit and AcuSetter, on first launch, take you through a tutorial on how to use the app. At the end of the AcuEdit "tour" you choose whether to connect to the 15000 or the S9. AcuSetter doesn't do this. Instead it chooses the machine at the same time that you select a hoop. By default the hoop selection is SQ14 unless you change it. The S9 has the same hoop size, but it's SQ14a. So if you are using the SQ14a hoop on the S9, but don't change to SQ14a in AcuSetter, then the app is trying to connect to a 15000, not an S9. Hoop selection is not mentioned in the tour pages. I suspect they were trying to keep the screen free of as many buttons as possible, but making machine selection dependent on the hoop choice is not great design.

In app development simplicity is very hard!

Mary Mills

Hi Jim, thanks for that AcuEdit doesn’t seem to be a problem, although I couldn’t figure out how to load a design to the program, you’re right the tutorial is very hmmm ‘ordinary’. When I need an idiots guide to the Apps.  I’m presuming I load a USB to the machine and open it and the app sees the design in the hoop?  Anyway machine and iPad are still not friends and AcuSetter is still not working.  Any thing I am missing?  Regards and thanks, Mary

Jim Stutsman

If AcuEdit can talk to the S9 then there is nothing else to try - it’s working. That would mean that there is something in AcuSetter that is the problem. You can delete the app & download it again but I doubt that will help. Does AcuSetter work for your dealer using her iPad & her S9?

Mary Mills

Hi Jim, she couldn’t get it to work on the machine I brought to the shop or another customer’s machine when I was there on Monday.  I will bring the machine back to her tomorrow to have another try.  It’s a two hour trip so not easy to get there!  I agree that the program is ‘working ‘. Just not doing it!  Grrr.  If no luck tomorrow I’ll ask my son to try, he is clever with computers, has fixed several computers related problems for me previously.  If he succeeds I’ll let you know, thanks for your help, regards, Mary

Pixey

If you have a multi-band wireless router, you might make sure it is set up so that the different “bands” can talk between each other.  I was having a problem with a new router and discovered one device was connecting to the slower 2.4 GHz band and the other had connected to the higher band 5GHz signal and the router was defaulted to keep the two signals isolated (as a “security feature).  Once my tech support changed settings to allow the two bands to talk to each other as the same “network”, all is working fine.

Pixey