Topics

5 thread stand holder #859430009

mah_jongg

Just bought this 5 thread stand holder for my 550e. Cannot figure out how to install it on the machine. Took out one screw (closest to tension guide) and the screw is to short to do anything. Thread stand holder needs the 2 out of the 3 screws on (backside of machine) closest to tension guide. Picture/directions on back of box does not work. Screws are not included with thread stand. Googled and found similar instructions. Nothing on youtube. Machine manual does not mention anything about the screws in back of machine. Janome website lists this model 859430009 for my machine, yet shows the one for the 10000 (have that one also). Any and all help would be appreciated. Please give specific/detailed directions on how to install this if you can. As I write this, Janome's website is giving error message on both my browsers. Because of the virus, dealers in my area are closed.

thanks,
mahjongg

Patricia Ward

Does your thread stand have about a 6 inch metal bracket that fits over the handle?  That is how mine attaches and I am quite pleased with how well it works.

The two thread that I had before and now have on my 11000 does fasten with two screws but they came with the stand.

Pat

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 10:05 PM mah_jongg@... via groups.io <mah_jongg=ymail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

blue_lak

The actual installation starts at about 1:00 min. She's speaking an Asian language, but her demo is spot on. You don't need additional screws, just loosen the ones in the machine enough to slide the metal mounting bracket down over them and then retighten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HjD5dnWap8
Jan

mah_jongg

Thank you. It worked.

mah_jongg

Yes it does. Works that for my 10000 but the 550e has to be screwed on.

Thanks

Lynda Lu Gibb

Will this work for the Horzion 12000?

favymtz

Yes, the thread stand works for all of the newer Janome machine models, including the 12000 now retired machine.
--
Favymtz