Topics

550e speed setting

mah_jongg

Hi,

Was doing a Kreative Kiwi design & I turned the speed down (have in the past) but now I cannot change the speed back to up to 600. Its grayed out. This happened yesterday and today I still cannot get it back. Works when you hit default, but after I go in and start changing the settings its back to grayed out at 400 when I get to the screen on page two.

I'm baffled. Resets to 600 on default then automatically goes back to grayed out 400. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Mahjongg

Jim Stutsman

You have probably turned on "Quiet Mode". I don't have the manual for the 550E, but on the 500E it's item 9 on page 50. Quiet mode clamps the speed at 400 because more speed means more noise.

mah_jongg

That is exactly what I did. Sewing an embroidery library design (after kreative kiwi) I turned on quiet mode because the machine was way too noisy for me. That design was 32000 stitches and wearing on my nerves. Turned off quiet mode and its back to normal. This I won't forget.

thank you,