Topics

threadBook

Mary Mills

Hello, have seen mention of the ThreadBook app, I have an S9, would this app work with my machine and how do I get it?  Thanks and regards Mary.

Jim Stutsman

Thanks for asking Mary! Threadbook is not related to any particular machine, just thread. It provides a library of over 30,000 threads of various types, including embroidery floss. It allows you to match pretty much anything to anything. To get it:

Open the App Store on you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Search for "Threadbook". It's the only app that will come up.
Tap on the app to view more information or to purchase.

Marilyn Zeltwanger

I just purchased the Threadbook, however I didn’t find Glide polyester thread which I have recently purchased. Can you please add this to Threadbook.
Thank you

On Nov 12, 2019, at 7:31 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Thanks for asking Mary! Threadbook is not related to any particular machine, just thread. It provides a library of over 30,000 threads of various types, including embroidery floss. It allows you to match pretty much anything to anything. To get it:

Open the App Store on you iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Search for "Threadbook". It's the only app that will come up.
Tap on the app to view more information or to purchase.

Jim Stutsman

It's there as "Fil-Tec Glide". If you search for "Glide" in the brand chooser it will find it.

Mary Mills

Thanks Jim, downloaded it fine, I use a thread called GEM, sold by the Happy multiple needles machine company here in Australia, any chance it can be added?

if you don’t mind I also have another question, finally getting some lessons on using the computer side of my S9, the lesson will be embroidery placement in the hoop.  I managed to download the AccuSetter App alright but can’t seem to make it find my machine, the only option I see is for the 15000 machine, advice would be appreciated.  Thanks and regards, Mary

Jim Stutsman

Thanks for using our app Mary! We continue to add threads almost daily, as we can find them. Those sold only outside the US are a special challenge. In particular, I have been unable to find a color chart or even a photo of your GEM range. There are photos online of the color cards, but they are small and not likely to be accurate. There is a provision within the app to add missing threads. If you happen to have the two color cards and can take a high resolution photo of each, you can send it to onlinesewing @ icloud.com. Photos taken in natural light tend to render the best color fidelity.

I don’t think I can offer much help with the AcuSetter app. The current version, as installed on my iPad, does not seem to have an option for the S9. This model was added to AcuEdit, and perhaps will feature the S9 in a future update. I would recommend contacting Janome with a request that it be added.

Mary Mills

Thanks Jim, I will see if what charts I have comes out alright otherwise I’ll contact Sava, the owner of the shop to see if he can help.  Re the S9, the owner of the shop said she attended a training session in Sydney where they showed her how to use the AcuSetter app on an S9, it was probably a 15000 she was shown on, she is still learning the machine embroidery field and she asked me if I wanted to learn, of course I said yes!  If she actually succeeds in showing me and connecting my machine I’ll let you know, it won’t be till the first Monday in December when I drive the two hours trip to Young from Wagga Wagga where I live.  Wish I could fly a plane....  I will get back to you, thanks again, love the app and also the FootBook app which I will show to them in Young.  Regards, Mary