Topics

500e vs 550e question

Pixey

I am considering whether I want to upgrade from the 500e to the 550e as we start getting into holiday sales. I wondered if anyone in the group had done so and could share whether there were any other improvements between the 500e and the 550e other than the larger hoop capacity? Such as smoother, quieter sewing, etc. Comparing the two manuals and information on the Janome site, I am not spotting many differences. But sort of like a new car model, the 500e was a 1st generation of a new direction for Janome and the 550e offered the opportunity to fix little things.

Thanks,
Pixey

Betty S

Here in the UK this model is out of stock until November so if it is the same where you are there will be no hope of holiday sales unfortunately! That is a real shame. I have a 550e which I got for Christmas last year. I have not used it very much as I prefer my 1500. I do find the bigger hoop very handy and the stitch outs are excellent. It also runs very smoothly. However having said that I have decided to sell it as I really do not have the space for it.

Pixey

Thanks for the info Betty.

Pixey