350E price

Jim Stutsman

Good catch - I totally forgot the EmbF folder. It would have been so much easier if Janome had used the same scheme for all machines. Unfortunately it’s been 10 years since I last worked with those folders, and that part of my memory appears to have been written over by something else.

katz11west

Ok I have tried in my designs folder , out of my designs folder, I set up a sub folder .  See attachment.  The machine still won't recognize the designs. Even when I didn't have a sub folder but just a redwork cats folder in the My Designs they still didn't show up.  I'm not sure why.

katz11west

Thanks for all the help.  I had too many folders.  Lyn you're right the folder of designs has to be saved to the Embf  folder not My Designs.  When I made that change it worked and my machine was able to see the files.  
Thanks again.  Maybe I can now get some embroidery done!

Lorrie

Cat - N

Congratulations! 

I saw your other emails, too.  So glad you are able to get your designs to the 350e.  You must be thrilled!!!

- Cat (FL)

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Dec 9, 2021 5:04 pm
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] 350E price

Update, I purchased the machine and got a little off of the price.  Of course now that I purchased it another one showed up on FB for a lot less.  Oh well.
I did try to use a usb , formatting it as the Janome website instructed  and after watching numerous u tube videos.  The My Design folder is there and when I have downloaded some .jef files into it when I put it back into the embroidery machine those files do not exist.
Any thoughts as to why they aren't there?

Lyn Quine

It’s been a while since I used my 350e and had to go back to the manual to double check myself.  I have the 12000 and 15000 and they have a different set up which is easier 😂 

On 9 Dec 2021, at 23:48, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Good catch - I totally forgot the EmbF folder. It would have been so much easier if Janome had used the same scheme for all machines. Unfortunately it’s been 10 years since I last worked with those folders, and that part of my memory appears to have been written over by something else.

Cheryl Paul

Lynn, you are right about the “easier” part. The hard part is not having the same design everywhere that it can be on that one USB, inside, outside, beside ….

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Cheryl Paul

Lorrie,

It’s a good idea to only store what you are working on at the time on your USB stick and have a folder in your computer to store them for future use. When I first got my Janome MC10000 back in about 2003 or 2004, I had no trouble getting a design onto the machine the first time. However, I probably didn’t pay close attention to “how or where” the design went, exactly and sometime later probably weeks had passed, I was so frustrated because I just couldn’t get my machine to read the Compact Flash Card - that was the only means of using the machine as the USB came later on the 11000. I went to my dealer and they didn’t have a clue as the owner of the business was the one who took the training and she didn’t help her mother, who ran her store and another lady of similar age - late 50’s ladies who had never operated computers and these advanced sewing machines before. No one could help me. How I did manage to figure things out and it wasn’t logical by any means was my camera. When I would download my pictures to the computer, I realized that I had to go in several layers to get to them - that’s when the lights went on and I began to understand how this new sewing/embroidery machine worked. So don’t be frustrated anymore, most us have been where you’ve been since you bought this lovely little embroidery machine.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Wonderful! Enjoy your new machine, Lorrie!
Kathy

On Thursday, December 9, 2021, 09:12:45 PM CST, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Thanks for all the help.  I had too many folders.  Lyn you're right the folder of designs has to be saved to the Embf  folder not My Designs.  When I made that change it worked and my machine was able to see the files.  
Thanks again.  Maybe I can now get some embroidery done!

Lorrie

katz11west

finally was able to do some embroidery.  I used one of Anita Goodesigns redwork designs and it looked beautiful.  I am pleased with how nice it embroiders.
Since this is my first Janome, I was going to use my older Bernina software to do some editing .  I have some designs for in the hoop coasters and wanted to add the redwork design I mentioned earlier.  The software is an older version and doesn't recognize .jef,  Any suggestions for an editing software that is easy to use and not expensive?  
As always I thank all of  you that have responded to my earlier posts.  I have learned a lot!

Lyn Quine

Bernini software doesn’t recognise Janome and the Wilcom Janome software doesn’t recognise Bernini, because they were written by Wilcom.  If you have the dst version your software should read it, and your machine should too, BUT the colours will be wrong because dst doesn’t hold the colour info of the design.  You will need your colour chart or go with the flow of what you would like.

Hatch 2 is a good software written by Wilcom almost identical to Janome V5,5. Which us the one use and they are easy to use, but having said that there is a learning curve but might be similar but more advanced than your Bernina software

On 13 Dec 2021, at 10:47, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

finally was able to do some embroidery.  I used one of Anita Goodesigns redwork designs and it looked beautiful.  I am pleased with how nice it embroiders.
Since this is my first Janome, I was going to use my older Bernina software to do some editing .  I have some designs for in the hoop coasters and wanted to add the redwork design I mentioned earlier.  The software is an older version and doesn't recognize .jef,  Any suggestions for an editing software that is easy to use and not expensive?  
As always I thank all of  you that have responded to my earlier posts.  I have learned a lot!

Pixey

And Hatch offers several different editing levels at different price points from a simple editor to a full digitizing program.

Pixey

On Dec 13, 2021, at 6:55 AM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

Bernini software doesn’t recognise Janome and the Wilcom Janome software doesn’t recognise Bernini, because they were written by Wilcom.  If you have the dst version your software should read it, and your machine should too, BUT the colours will be wrong because dst doesn’t hold the colour info of the design.  You will need your colour chart or go with the flow of what you would like.

Hatch 2 is a good software written by Wilcom almost identical to Janome V5,5. Which us the one use and they are easy to use, but having said that there is a learning curve but might be similar but more advanced than your Bernina software

On 13 Dec 2021, at 10:47, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

You might look at Wilcom TrueSizer. It will convert formats. I'm not sure about editing, but it's free so you could download it and try it out and at least get the designs you want to use converted.  Wilcom designed Hatch and the Janome software. It's an excellent company. I use Hatch almost all of the time but I have used Digitizer for years. I wish I had more experience with TrueSizer but maybe someone else will let you know if it will meet all of your needs.
Kathy

On Monday, December 13, 2021, 04:47:11 AM CST, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Lyn Quine

Trusizer has been discontinued.  Not sure if the paid version is still available but the free download and th online version are discontinued

On 13 Dec 2021, at 18:35, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

You might look at Wilcom TrueSizer. It will convert formats. I'm not sure about editing, but it's free so you could download it and try it out and at least get the designs you want to use converted.  Wilcom designed Hatch and the Janome software. It's an excellent company. I use Hatch almost all of the time but I have used Digitizer for years. I wish I had more experience with TrueSizer but maybe someone else will let you know if it will meet all of your needs.
Kathy

On Monday, December 13, 2021, 04:47:11 AM CST, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Cat - N

I think TrueSizer might be of use for that and I have done many edits with it.  But there is also SewWhat Pro, which is not very expensive, and will ‘bulk convert’ entire subfolders between formats, since you likely have non-JEF designs, too…and more. I have Hatch but still have uses for SewWhat Pro. 

SewWhat Pro:

(Begin quote)
Download button to install both the free 30-day Demo (no purchase necessary) and the retail version, as well as to update the software. Do not update during the DEMO period, as this will cause immediate expiration of the trial. Download the user manual for more details about the many features available in SewWhat-Pro. 
(End quote)

A word about converting designs, it’s a good idea to test stitch after conversation. 

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 

On Dec 13, 2021 at 1:35 PM, <Kathy Skagen> wrote:

Kathy

Cat - N

Try here:

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 

On Dec 13, 2021 at 1:56 PM, <Lyn Quine> wrote:

Trusizer has been discontinued.  Not sure if the paid version is still available but the free download and th online version are discontinued

Kathy

katz11west

Lyn mentioned that the machine might read .dst format but the colors wouldn't be that same.  I can convert to that format.   It won't hurt the machine if I try using .dst?

Lyn Quine

No it won’t hurt the machine, if it doesn’t read the format it just won’t show it.  I’m fairly sure the 350 will read it, can’t remember if I’ve used it on mine.  

On 14 Dec 2021, at 11:34, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Lyn mentioned that the machine might read .dst format but the colors wouldn't be that same.  I can convert to that format.   It won't hurt the machine if I try using .dst?

Thanks, Lyn. Good to know.

On Monday, December 13, 2021, 12:56:35 PM CST, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

Kathy