350E price

katz11west

Good morning I've found a 350E originally purchased in 2007.  It's had very little use,  I originally was wanting one of the more expensive Janome embroidery machines but just can't afford it right now.  She is asking $600.00.  Any thoughts about the price and age of the machine?

Thanks
Lorrie

Lyn Quine

I bought my 350e in 2010 I loved it then I love it now, she’s still working been serviced twice.  She’s not used as much now as I have the 12000 and 15000 but I won’t part with it the smaller hoop is useful the 2 other machines have bigger hoops.  I don’t know about price, but if you see it working ok and it sounds and looks ok, try and haggle the price if you feel you can.

On 5 Dec 2021, at 13:24, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west@...> wrote:

Good morning I've found a 350E originally purchased in 2007.  It's had very little use,  I originally was wanting one of the more expensive Janome embroidery machines but just can't afford it right now.  She is asking $600.00.  Any thoughts about the price and age of the machine?

Thanks
Lorrie

Renee Wojnowski

I saw the 350e listed on Amazon for 699, just for comparison sake

On 5 Dec 2021, at 13:24, katz11west via groups.io <katz11west=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good morning I've found a 350E originally purchased in 2007.  It's had very little use,  I originally was wanting one of the more expensive Janome embroidery machines but just can't afford it right now.  She is asking $600.00.  Any thoughts about the price and age of the machine?

Thanks
Lorrie

Kathy Strabel

Lorrie--I don't know if you will find this helpful, but I purchased the model 500e embroidery-only, about 3 years ago. Brand new, in box from a well-known local dealer. The price was $1699 and included 4 hoops. The stitch quality is very nice and I am glad to have a separate machine so I can do regular sewing while embroidering at the same time.
 My 500e does not have a way to check how much "mileage" it has on it, so I assume the 350e also would not have this feature.  If the seller is local to you, ask if you can do a test ---and bring the fabrics, stabilizer, and thread that you would normally use. Sew out a couple of samples and keep your ears open for any sounds that might indicate trouble. I believe there would be some built-in designs, but if you have a fairly simple JEF format design on a thumb drive, the seller should allow you to test that, too.
Good luck
Kathy Strabel

Tericloth

I have the 500e that I purchased about a year ago, after 2 failed attempts at buying used machines, they were both sewing and embroidery, Huqusvana, and a Brother, not sure if it was the  part that they were shipped to me, but I did not want  to have to pay for them to be serviced as soon as I got them, so I returned them.

If the machine does not have to be shipped, and you can go have the seller demonstrate it for you, then I would grab it, maybe try knocking off $50, but if she is giving you all kinds of thread and such, I would pay the full amount. The embroidery machines are just going up in price. So if this is a good working machine, take it, you can always upgrade in time.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: "Cat - N via groups.io" <navillusc@...>
Date: 12/5/21 12:23 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Onlinesewing-Janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] 350E price

[...]

Vikki Youngmeyer

As for USBs, I’ve used USB drives with a considerable amount of storage with no issues on both the 350e and the 15000 and have had no issue with storing or retrieving files.

Vikki

[...]

Padden, Jennifer R

I purchased my 350e at the Houston quilt show in 2006.  It has been a workhorse for me and I do not have any complaints about it at all.  I cannot upgrade due to budget but I really like my 350e. It has worked perfectly with my Embrilliance editing modules.  I paid over $1000 for mine back then.  Be sure you use good bobbins cause if you use generic ones, they rattle in the bobbin case during the stitch out.

--
~~~Jennifer Padden

Jean Olson

I have had a 350E since it came out! Have other machines, but love how little room it takes. No problem to take it anywhere if I wanted, nor to find room for it. I like to have it at standing level and it fits on a rather small open shelf - with enough room behind it so hoops don't hit the wall. I looked at the 500 a long time ago but didn't like all the space it took. I have a machine with larger hoops but I find I do mostly small things. Also, the simplicity of it is a big plus for me:-) Love the needle threader. As far as folders, I set up several folders inside the Embf5 top folder and find they don't need to be inside the My Designs folder. I use flash cards as at the time, they were so easy to find - they used to be used for cameras. I even have one that is FOUR MEGABYTES - unheard of today. It still holds lots of designs:-)

Jean

Pixey

Jean and Vikki,

Thanks for sharing that you have set up folders and used larger USB drives with no problem.  I always just followed the advice my dealer gave me when I bought my 350e.

Pixey

On Dec 6, 2021, at 10:59 AM, Jean Olson <jean_olson@...> wrote:

[...]

favymtz

Interesting that I’ve always only used 16 or 32g usb’s with nary a problem. I just don’t use them to nearly the capacity. Small g usb’s are hard to find.
--
Favymtz

Lyn Quine

I fpound a load on Amazon, bought a pack of 10.  Wasn’t very expensive.  I have some upstairs with embroideries I want to do and I have some downstairs with the PC.  I also use some older USBs I found lurking at the back of the draw, 250 MB they work equally well.  I only use them as working USBs never store on them.  I stitch and delete and reload.  My backup USB is a 64GB and that is just one back up, I keep all my zipped original downloads on that.  My embroidery library and zips are also on an external drive.

Lyhn

Sent from Mail for Windows

Interesting that I’ve always only used 16 or 32g usb’s with nary a problem. I just don’t use them to nearly the capacity. Small g usb’s are hard to find.
--
Favymtz

Virginia

I find that there are some flash drives that do not work when I have purchased off brand flash drives. I do purchase from Amazon but I try to stay with name brand.