Topics

AcuSetter

Sharon Simmons

I have been trying to get AcuSetter to work for me and continue to have issues.  I’ve opened my ipad, selected my machine, my design is up on the screen ready to stitch out but for some reason, when I try to receive the design, it doesn’t come into the ipad.  Will it only receive the built-in designs?  The design I’m using is coming from a thumbdrive.

When I try to receive the design, I can see on my sewing machine a screen that acts like it’s transferring but it never appears in my ipad.   Thank you for your help.  Sharon

Diane Stutsman

It won’t show up until you take a picture of the background and adjust the positioning marks then touch next. You will love this program.

On Oct 11, 2019, at 2:45 PM, Sharon Simmons <orelake771@...> wrote:

I have been trying to get AcuSetter to work for me and continue to have issues.  I’ve opened my ipad, selected my machine, my design is up on the screen ready to stitch out but for some reason, when I try to receive the design, it doesn’t come into the ipad.  Will it only receive the built-in designs?  The design I’m using is coming from a thumbdrive.

When I try to receive the design, I can see on my sewing machine a screen that acts like it’s transferring but it never appears in my ipad.   Thank you for your help.  Sharon

Virginia

Are you sure your machine is set up correctly for your wifi?

Virginia

I have been trying to get AcuSetter to work for me and continue to have issues.  I’ve opened my ipad, selected my machine, my design is up on the screen ready to stitch out but for some reason, when I try to receive the design, it doesn’t come into the ipad.  Will it only receive the built-in designs?  The design I’m using is coming from a thumbdrive.

When I try to receive the design, I can see on my sewing machine a screen that acts like it’s transferring but it never appears in my ipad.   Thank you for your help.  Sharon

Sharon Simmons

Thank you, Diane.  I have 16 embroideries to sew out on the same panel and I didn’t want to keep setting them up in the clothsetter.   I’ll try that, and Virginia, yes my wifi was working.  My mistake as I thought the design would show up on the screen before I did anything.  Sharon

It won’t show up until you take a picture of the background and adjust the positioning marks then touch next. You will love this program.

JILL BAILEY

Sharon if the design is on the machine and then you take a picture of the hooped fabric etc it will say receive then the design will show up “in the hoop” screen , there it can be moved turned tweaked to where u want it then save it and send to your machine .. I love this app

gbmko

I really do like the acuSetter app for the 15000.  But I also have a 12000.  Is there ANY way to use this app if you don't have a machine with wifi?

Cat - N

I cannot imagine a method that would allow the iPad AcuSetter app 'TO' be used with a non-WiFi machine, since the iPad app communicates directly with, and receives the embroidery design directly FROM the WiFi enabled machine (the machine has to be in 'embroidery mode' as well), then sends the modified positioning directly back TO the embroidery machine.  Even with a non-Janome, WiFi enabled machine, both the AcuSetter iPad app AND the embroidery machine would NEED to be able to 'TALK' to each other, and I kind of cannot see something like that happening, since that is most likely a well guarded, 'proprietary' (secret) technology for Janome, especially considering that the iPad app is FREE.

- Cat (FL)