Topics

Oh good grief - another commercial!

Jim Stutsman

The Apple App review process is getting faster. I submitted ThreadBook 1.2 this morning and it's in the store this afternoon. The highlights of this update are:
  • Yet more bug fixes, which hopefully only happened to me
  • More brands - 163 so far
  • Browsing can now show threads arranged by number or color
  • Numbered browse listings are now in proper numeric order
  • Browse listings can now be printed, saved as PDF, emailed, etc.
  • Question & Answer section has more content, including some "How to" videos
  • Updates to the Library will now be nearly instant if you are connected to iCloud, within 24 hours if you're not
We've received several submissions for missing threads that we could not use, because they were variegated threads. As it stands today, the app cannot match to variegated threads. However now that the initial bumps and bugs are dealt with I am beginning another, bigger update that will include the ability to match variegated threads, as well as add them to the Library.

Many, many thanks to all the early adopters and testers who patiently endured bugs and shortcomings, while providing us with precious feedback!

Thank you Jim, thank you Diane the ThreadBook is marvelous!

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail para iPhone

El miércoles, octubre 9, 2019, 4:03 p. m., Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> escribió:

[...]

Jane Harris

Hi, Jim,
I am a new member of this group and have already found several interesting conversation threads. I also am a new user of your ThreadBook app. After about 10 years of on-again off-again interest in machine embroidery, I found myself the proud owner of a wide variety of embroidery thread and no really great way of inventorying all of those beautiful spools of thread. I am hoping that this app will meet my needs in that endeavor.

I really love the app and would like to make some suggestions for some additional entries in your Libraries:

-- Madeira FS40 metallics
-- Madeira Polyneon
-- Sulky Poly
-- Sulky regular metallics
-- Robison-Anton Rayon

--
Jane Harris
Horizon MC12000 (current)

Jim Stutsman

Hey Jane, thanks so much for using our app! Within the next day or two I will be submitting version 1.3 to Apple for inclusion in the store. This adds support for variegated thread, as well as many more brands. We are currently at 175 different brands/products for over 30,000 threads. Madeira Polyneon and Robison-Anton Rayon should already be in your app. If not, you may need to update. Look for 1.2 as the version on the Contents page. I will be adding the others you mentioned today. They should appear within 24 hours.

Jane Harris

I just checked my version # ... it's 1.2 but I don't have the Polyneon or the R-A Rayon in the app. I'll just wait a few days and check back for your next update. Thanks again for your hard work on this app!
--
Jane Harris
Horizon MC12000 (current)

Jim Stutsman

I did some exploring this morning and discovered a bug, which I think is the cause of your problem. The update logic fails to consider time zones, so it's possible that you can miss a library update. I will be pushing out version 1.3 within a day or two, and it will have the fix for this. It will also refresh the library with the latest threads, including many variegated and serger threads. I'm sorry I missed this one!