RE18 hoop

Cynthia Dickerson

I can't find an answer to my problem.  I loaded my design into embird and it is in the RE18 hoop and I saved the design on my USB.  The design is on the USB, I checked.  When I try to load the design, the RE18 hoop does show up on the edit screen of the Janome 15000 Quilt Maker, but when I go to load the design to embroider it does not show up.  I have two pages of designs on the USB which I used the slide to go through them, but my design just does not show up.  Only designs for two other hoops, no RE18 hoop.  Can anyone help me?

Lynne Dean

Hi Cynthia
im not familiar with the 15000 screen as I have the 12000 but I remember a problem I had when I first got the RE18.  I had saved the file in landscape orientation so I didn’t get the RE18 as an option on screen.   I rotated to portrait in  Embrilliance and the hoop then showed up n the screen.   Might not be relevant to your problem but thought I’d mention it in case.
Lynne

Lyn Quine

Could there be a stray stitch outside the embroidery area.  I think I’d go back to software and check it and maybe put in the next size hoop and see if it shows, then go into edit on your machine and see if you can change the hoop, perhaps it’s in landscape rather than portrait etc. And needs turning

Cheryl Alm

Your usb should have a folder entitled EMB and all your designs must be in that folder in order for the machine to read them.

On Oct 2, 2019, at 5:57 PM, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

I can't find an answer to my problem.  I loaded my design into embird and it is in the RE18 hoop and I saved the design on my USB.  The design is on the USB, I checked.  When I try to load the design, the RE18 hoop does show up on the edit screen of the Janome 15000 Quilt Maker, but when I go to load the design to embroider it does not show up.  I have two pages of designs on the USB which I used the slide to go through them, but my design just does not show up.  Only designs for two other hoops, no RE18 hoop.  Can anyone help me?

Lucy Akers

did you go to page 2 of your hoops? The RE 18 was added so it is last on the list, not in order as to its size.

Cynthia Dickerson

Thank you, everyone, for your help.  I worked all last evening on this and half of the morning today but I finally got it to show up.  First problem was that the design was corrupt.  Have no reason why on that one.  I fixed that and it still would not come up and then I tried downloading different designs on the USB along with different hoops and then they all showed up including the RE 18.  I don't understand why, but maybe I am in need of a new USB!  I am going to get one today.  At least I can make the project that I wanted to make.  I also had trouble getting the new RE18 embroidery hoop to lock onto the embroidery bar on the machine.  I had to play with that for a while also and finally got it locked on.  It just hasn't been my day, and I am not even a newbie!!  I think I need a nap now!!

Cheryl Paul

Cynthia,

Did you page over when you are loading your designs. You select the USB and then there should be a side bar on the machine and you just page over and your RE18 hoop designs should show there. As it was an add-on hoop, after the 12000 & 15000 users requested the 5X7 hoop, it shows on the next screen. This confused me when I first updated my machine after I got my hoop - in fact I still forget at times, but as the hoop became my “go to” hoop, my memory is improving. It is the same with the designs - the RE18 come after the GR, SQ23, ASQ22, SQ14, and the wee guy - there just isn’t enough space on the screen to have anymore, so the “Next” is what needs to happen.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Cheryl Paul

Cynthia, As you are using Embird, I’m not sure how your designs save. You should be able to save your design in a larger hoop and fix it to the right one when you load it on the 15000 and then save it to the RE18 hoop, IF all else fails. Sometimes programs that aren’t Janome don’t save the correct information regarding hoops, etc. Using a larger hoop and then just correcting it in the sewing machine can be the simplest solution. I don’t think the machine will allow you to sew a design too big using a smaller hoop, but since I’ve never done that, I can’t be sure. I have brought in a small design and used a bigger hoop, and that works, but I have never done the reverse and I wouldn’t recommend trying - just in case.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

SDY Trading

Sorry for my silly question ,
I bought the RE18 as one of my friend recommended..but I don’t know why 🙈. I paid a lot for it as it was additional.
What is the difference between this one and any other hoop for the 15000.

Thank you
Hala

On Oct 3, 2019, at 6:11 PM, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Thank you, everyone, for your help.  I worked all last evening on this and half of the morning today but I finally got it to show up.  First problem was that the design was corrupt.  Have no reason why on that one.  I fixed that and it still would not come up and then I tried downloading different designs on the USB along with different hoops and then they all showed up including the RE 18.  I don't understand why, but maybe I am in need of a new USB!  I am going to get one today.  At least I can make the project that I wanted to make.  I also had trouble getting the new RE18 embroidery hoop to lock onto the embroidery bar on the machine.  I had to play with that for a while also and finally got it locked on.  It just hasn't been my day, and I am not even a newbie!!  I think I need a nap now!!

Cat - N

The difference is size...and shape.  The RE18 hoop is probably the hoop I use most often.

- Cat

[...]

Thank you everyone for your replys.  Now I bought the RE18 hoop because it takes less stabilizer and this is the size of design that I use most.   I like it because it gives a really tight drum like fit with the stabilizer and sews a nice design.  I like to do lettering and this size hoop works great for most of my designs.

I also have used Embird with Janome since I had the 9000 and I have never had any trouble with the program sending designs.   I am not sure why it wasn't showing up at first now.  I really think it is my USB stick.  It is getting old and I did reformat it in the 15000 quilt maker machine and I noticed when I was trying to load my designs that the USB did not format correctly.  There were still designs left on the USB and everything should have been erased.  This makes me think that it is time for a new one.  I will post after this weekend when I get a new one and try loading again.  This just might help someone else if this is the problem.

Do you sew?  Please visit my blog at www.cynsew.com for tutorials.

Lyn Quine

The RE18 hoop is much better that the SQ14 (round one). In my opinion whoever designed the SQ14 should go back to design school, harsh? Maybe, but it uses more stabiliser than the RE18 with a smaller stitch area.  The RE18 has magnets to hold it more securely too.  I have the 12000 and the 15000, I have 2 RE18s because I used to make bags and i always had a quick swap over, or I had 2 machines going.  When I used the SQ14 it wasn’t nearly as secure and my bag front didn’t hoop properly where as the same size fitted and hooped properly in the RE18.

Mary Jo Hirsch

Diane you said you use embird. Do you have a great tutorial to learn it? I do have difficulty understanding with the accent their own.  Thanks in advance for your help.

--
null

SDY Trading

Thank you for this detailed answer ..I really needed it , and you drew my attention to the sq14 and the difference.

Thank you all ladies for replying.
Hala

On Oct 5, 2019, at 5:20 PM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

The RE18 hoop is much better that the SQ14 (round one). In my opinion whoever designed the SQ14 should go back to design school, harsh? Maybe, but it uses more stabiliser than the RE18 with a smaller stitch area.  The RE18 has magnets to hold it more securely too.  I have the 12000 and the 15000, I have 2 RE18s because I used to make bags and i always had a quick swap over, or I had 2 machines going.  When I used the SQ14 it wasn’t nearly as secure and my bag front didn’t hoop properly where as the same size fitted and hooped properly in the RE18.

JoAnn Novak

I agree 100%.  I hate round hoops.  It does pop off when you least expect it.  Poor designer!!

JoAnn (WI)

The RE18 hoop is much better that the SQ14 (round one). In my opinion whoever designed the SQ14 should go back to design school, harsh? Maybe, but it uses more stabiliser than the RE18 with a smaller stitch area.  The RE18 has magnets to hold it more securely too.  I have the 12000 and the 15000, I have 2 RE18s because I used to make bags and i always had a quick swap over, or I had 2 machines going.  When I used the SQ14 it wasn’t nearly as secure and my bag front didn’t hoop properly where as the same size fitted and hooped properly in the RE18.

kathy palma

Mary jo, I'm not Diane, but I do use Embird.  Pegboard Crafts has some really helpful Videos, and they are reasonably priced. Peggy does the classes, then posts them afterward to download, but you can get them without attending the online classes. My then 8 year old granddaughter watched one with me on digitizing, and then digitized 2 designs on her own.Easy. Pegboardcrafts.com

Kathy

Sewhat

Yes, I completely understand. been there, done that.   I hope you get to rest and feel better.    If there is a corrupt file,  how would someone detect it,  where did you get the file that you believe to be corrupt?  More importantly, How would someone know that it is a corrupt file or a bad USB?

Donna  Strode

On Thursday, October 3, 2019, 11:20:33 AM EDT, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Thank you, everyone, for your help.  I worked all last evening on this and half of the morning today but I finally got it to show up.  First problem was that the design was corrupt.  Have no reason why on that one.  I fixed that and it still would not come up and then I tried downloading different designs on the USB along with different hoops and then they all showed up including the RE 18.  I don't understand why, but maybe I am in need of a new USB!  I am going to get one today.  At least I can make the project that I wanted to make.  I also had trouble getting the new RE18 embroidery hoop to lock onto the embroidery bar on the machine.  I had to play with that for a while also and finally got it locked on.  It just hasn't been my day, and I am not even a newbie!!  I think I need a nap now!!

Cynthia Dickerson

Donna,
This is how I knew my design file was corrupt.  I had downloaded my design on the USB then tried to open it in the Janome 15,000.  When it did not show up on my Janome,  I took my USB and put it back into my computer because I was going to look at the design again to see if there were stitches possibly outside of the hoop ring.  When I tried to open the design, the computer could not open it.  It just said "Cannot open .jef file".  I assumed that the file did not download correctly and was corrupt.  I then reloaded the design and it was ok.  The file that was corrupt was a design that I had created myself.

The reason I thought my USB was no longer good was that I could not get the design to download in my new RE18 hoop design on my Janome 15,000.  Then I reloaded several designs in different hoops and it RE18 showed up.  I am no expert, but I do believe after you have used them continually by adding and deleting designs they wear out.  So I did go and purchase a new USB.  I came home and formatted it with the Janome and then added my design from the computer and the RE18 hoop and design showed up without a problem.  This is why I though my USB was wearing out.  Maybe others can give you some better tips than I can.

Sewhat

Thanks for your response

Donna Strode