Update to Needle Assembly Shudders Post

jfinn724@...

On July 19th I posted this about our needle assemble / presser foot problem.

When we turn on our MC 15000 the needle assembly shudders and the display says to raise the presser foot and turn off the machine. The presser foot does not raise, and the machine’s buttons are ineffective. When we turn the machine back on the same thing happens.

Jim offered some helpful suggestions that did not resolve the problem, so our dealer shipped the machine to Janome. We have it back now and it is in fine order. Here is the outcome. I am posting in hopes that 1) this may solve the problem for someone else without the grief of shipping to Janome, and 2) to let the person who asked about the cost of sending a machine to Janome what we experienced.

Janome replaced the presser foot step motor sensor and centered it. They then checked out the whole machine and returned it to our dealer here in suburban Chicago. They did not find any other problem. The cost for all of this was $366 including replacing the bobbin case. $130 of this was for shipping the machine to Janome. $28 was for the bobbin case. The Janome charge was $208 including return shipping.

We would like to thank Jim for his help. We also wish to thank our local dealer and technician for their perseverance.

Pat and Alice

lindaobryant1@...

I had a similar experience.  I was taking a class at my dealership and my machine jammed up when I tried to use the "new needle threader".  Teacher couldn't fix it so I left it for the repairman who had the day off.  After I thought about the estimated cost, I called back to the shop as soon as they opened to tell them not to fix the machine and that I would come and pick it up.  Well, guess what; the repairman had already fixed.it and headed to their other store in a different city.  Cost to me $231.00.  I felt like I got ripped.  No new parts just a bill for $231.00.
 I will be voting with my feet.  My Janome 15000 is not my favorite machine and I barely use it so I know I haven't worn it out.

Linda
Eugene, Oregon