Topics

Video from Janome Institute

kathy palma

Amy Johnson, of Amy's Free Motion Quilting Adventure, posted a video from Janome Institute on a new quilting machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12OWfJ611vs

Carolyn Gazerro

Jim, Mentions App Acuspark can be used on other machines. Does that mean an upgrade for 15000?

Carolyn 🌹

Patricia Ward

Carolyn, it is my understanding that there is a code that you must scan into the ipad App to get the App to bring up the information. Someone asked if it could be used on the 15000 and I do believe one of the educators said it was only for the new M7.  You need a code to activate it and one of them said there was no code for the 15000.  

Didn't sound to me as though there was any upgrade for the 15000 except for some new rulers and something with ruler sewing.. maybe an educator can clarify that for us. 

Personally, I am very very happy with what all we have on the 15000.   

Pat

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 8:25 AM Carolyn Gazerro <cmgazerro@...> wrote:
Jim, Mentions App Acuspark can be used on other machines.  Does that mean an upgrade for 15000?

Carolyn 🌹

Jim Stutsman

It's a possibility. There is nothing currently in the app that says anything about using it on other machines. This app is very different from the other Janome apps, right from the first launch. You are presented with a screen full of legalese terms and conditions related to using the app. Apple is VERY aggressive when it comes to privacy, so I'm sure this was required just to get it in the app store. The EU also requires disclosure on what information is collected. The terms state that the app will collect and share data related to the use of the app, the IP address it was connected to, and machine information. It says that they do not collect your name, address, or email address. That's not really necessary, since once they have your IP address they can get everything else they need from data that Facebook has collected. That said, until you accept the terms and tick the box, you are not using the app.

From VERY limited use, since we don't have the machine, it appears to be an interactive manual. Amy's comment about it being used for other machines may have been a misinterpretation of an icon on the tab bar at the bottom of the app. It has a machine icon and is labeled "Other". However it's not for other machines, but other sewing information related to using the machine.

If you want to learn a bit more about the machine you can download the app now for free. Search "AcuSpark" - it's the only one in the App Store. However do read the legal terms and conditions carefully to make sure you are comfortable with the information being harvested from you.

Carolyn Gazerro

Jim, Thanks for the info. I imagine it works like the QR scanner App. Maybe compatible?
Would be nice to be able to access info on the 15000!

Carolyn 🌹

Vikki Youngmeyer

One change I have noticed between the model 15000 that is currently being sold and older models is that there is an additional plate and foot  which is the HP plate and ¼”foot which gives a very nice quarter inch seam. I don’t know if the older models we purchased can be upgraded to use this. I looked briefly at the Janome website, but nothing about an upgrade of this sorts jumped out at me.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Carolyn Gazerro

Pat, Thanks for your input.

I agree the 15000 has everything I need and I am very happy with it!

Carolyn 🌹

Jim Stutsman

You must have missed a few memos. The Quilt Maker Upgrade Kit (https://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/pdf/janomebulletin/JTM-1032_Quilt_Maker_Accessory_Upgrade_Kit.pdf) contains the HP plate and foot. If your 15000 is 2.11 it can be upgraded. This all happened two years ago.

Cheryl Paul

So now we know that there is no new machine to replace the 15000. I was getting ready to trade mine in - guess that will be another year. Amy did a very good job of presenting her video.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Richard and Debra

I have the 9400 and love it, but of course had to check out the new M7 and did a side by side comparison on the Janome site.  Yes, it is somewhat bigger, but didn't really see a big enough difference to make me want to trade my 9400 in.  However, the one thing I would really miss on my 9400 is the pull-out light on top!  I love that light, and was suprised that it was not included on the M7!

Richard and Debra

Sorry, hit the send button before I signed!

Deb (KY)

Judi Rutherford

Hi Vikki,

Yes you can upgrade the 15000 to use the HP plate and foot. The upgrade includes a new threader and several additional feet and a swap for 1 foot because of the changes they make for the new threader. This upgrade has been around for at least 18 months. I paid for the upgrade to the HP plate and foot and love it!!!!

Judi

Vikki Youngmeyer

Can the upgrade be made by a certified Janome technician in the shop or does
it have to be sent to Janome in New Jersey?

Vikki
Houston, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On
Behalf Of Judi Rutherford
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:07 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Video from Janome Institute

Hi Vikki,

Yes you can upgrade the 15000 to use the HP plate and foot. The upgrade
includes a new threader and several additional feet and a swap for 1 foot
because of the changes they make for the new threader. This upgrade has
been around for at least 18 months. I paid for the upgrade to the HP plate
and foot and love it!!!!

Judi

Cheryl Alm

Seems like there is always something very nice on a machine that they do not include on the next high end model.   The 11000 had a separate motor for the bobbin winder and I never had a problem winding a nice tight bobbin.   They took that away on the 12000 and 15000 and bobbin winding is now more problematic.  Janome should survey their owners for favorite features.

On Aug 29, 2019, at 8:11 AM, Richard and Debra <doherty4@...> wrote:

Deb (KY)

Virginia

Not sure where you live  however the actual upgrade to the HP plate and foot and threader should have been free. It was the kit with the ruler work that should have been at a cost. Janome sent out an email about the upgrade and stated that the dealer were provided the threaders enough to cover for each 15000 that had been sold. Some dealers did charge for a service if the machine had not been serviced and that was understandable. We should all get our machines serviced at least once a year any how and some every 6 months if used more. If you had to pay for the actual upgrade is really sad.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/29/19 8:07 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io

Hi Vikki,

Yes you can upgrade the 15000 to use the HP plate and foot.  The upgrade includes a new threader and several additional feet and a swap for 1 foot because of the changes they make for the new threader.  This upgrade has been around for at least 18 months.  I paid for the upgrade to the HP plate and foot and love it!!!!

Judi

Jim Stutsman

The HP plate and foot are part of the Quilt Maker Accessory Kit, which is NOT free. Only the new foot holder, P foot, and threader upgrade were/are free in the US & Canada. This can be done by a local technician and does not require shipping to New Jersey.

Anne Hein DE

The QR code is for the M7 but the info in the app could be applied to other machines. There is stitch info, foot info and tutorials. Plus there are quilt blocks which gives cutting, sizing and sewing information. An expanded seeing applications menu too. 

Lots of I go at your finger tips. The QR code with the m7 takes you directly to the section in the stitch you have selected much like a search feature. 

So for a free app you can load to iPhone and iPad or Android devices. Android was launched after the I devices so I am not sure if it is up yet. 

M7 has some new features not seen before. Those who have 6600 or earlier machines might be interested.  If you are in your dealers or at a show it's worth a look. 

Anne Hein
DE

Virginia

Cheryl the 15,000 does have a separate bobbin winder.  I too was disappointed when they did not have it on the 12,000.  but now I have the 15 and I have the separate winder.

Ginny

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Aug 29, 2019 9:18 am

Seems like there is always something very nice on a machine that they do not include on the next high end model.   The 11000 had a separate motor for the bobbin winder and I never had a problem winding a nice tight bobbin.   They took that away on the 12000 and 15000 and bobbin winding is now more problematic.  Janome should survey their owners for favorite features.

On Aug 29, 2019, at 8:11 AM, Richard and Debra <doherty4@...> wrote:

Deb (KY)

Steven C. Haber

There is so much light on the M7 you might not miss it. Take a look when your dealer gets one. 

Pat

Please elaborate:  What is a QR code?  I have a 15000 and am in the dark about much of these things.
Thanks very much.
Pat Kowalczyk

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 3:46 PM Anne Hein DE <annhein83@...> wrote:
The QR code is for the M7 but the info in the app could be applied to other machines. There is stitch info, foot info and tutorials. Plus there are quilt blocks which gives cutting, sizing and sewing information. An expanded seeing applications menu too. 

Lots of I go at your finger tips. The QR code with the m7 takes you directly to the section in the stitch you have selected much like a search feature. 

So for a free app you can load to iPhone and iPad or Android devices. Android was launched after the I devices so I am not sure if it is up yet. 

M7 has some new features not seen before. Those who have 6600 or earlier machines might be interested.  If you are in your dealers or at a show it's worth a look. 

Anne Hein
DE