Maria Morrow, Treasurer
Camellia Quilters
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Jun 26, 2019, at 5:41 AM, Lorrie Gauthier <lorrie@...> wrote:

I had purchased eq8 through their website for whatever the regular price was at the time. I think I used the online chat (message me button bottom right) because I had a question and she gave me a bit off the regular price. I installed it on my pc.

Then in I decided to switch completely to a Mac. I am using VMware on it to run Digitizer but decided it was worth the $25 migration fee to get a license for my Mac and installed that. Works like a charm.

I think I'm allowed to use one installation on a pc and one on a Mac or both on the Mac but I only have it installed on the Mac right now. I quit the pc cold turkey.

You might want want to email them and tell them what you have and ask how to go about getting what you need. Their customer support is wonderful.

Lorrie Gauthier

I had purchased eq8 through their website for whatever the regular price was at the time. I think I used the online chat (message me button bottom right) because I had a question and she gave me a bit off the regular price. I installed it on my pc.

Then in I decided to switch completely to a Mac. I am using VMware on it to run Digitizer but decided it was worth the $25 migration fee to get a license for my Mac and installed that. Works like a charm.

I think I'm allowed to use one installation on a pc and one on a Mac or both on the Mac but I only have it installed on the Mac right now. I quit the pc cold turkey.

You might want want to email them and tell them what you have and ask how to go about getting what you need. Their customer support is wonderful.

Maria Morrow

Thanks for the info. Small fee? Was that when EQ8 first came out? I should have jumped on it. Now it’s $99.

Maria Morrow, Treasurer
Camellia Quilters
Mobile:  985-640-5024

On Jun 25, 2019, at 4:04 PM, Lorrie Gauthier <lorrie@...> wrote:

Hi Maria. I have eq8 for pc and just switched to a Mac. I paid the small fee to download the Mac version and installed on my Mac. Works perfectly.

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Maria. I have eq8 for pc and just switched to a Mac. I paid the small fee to download the Mac version and installed on my Mac. Works perfectly.

Maria Morrow

Hello no have EQ7 for pc but haven’t ever used it. I am now going to upgrade to EQ8 and spend time learning it. EQ told me I can upgrade to Mac or pc. At the time I bought pc, the Etsy seller recommended it, but I can’t for the life of me remember why.

I hate using a pc and I love using a Mac.

Who know the pluses and minuses of both when making things for Janome 15000 (which I also have).

Thanks in advance.

Maria Morrow