Topics

MB7 embroidery machine

Vikki Youngmeyer

I like Sew What Pro from S&S Computing for $65. I’ve used this program since 2007 and have had no issues with conversion except if the original was done for Bernina (that’s a strange beast!) The design comes thru but the colors are screwed in most cases. Disney designs are the worst conversions.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cindy Sipp
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:22 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] MB7 embroidery machine

I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

Also needing input of software/

Nancy Reynolds

I have had good luck with Buzz Xplore program for conversions.

On Thursday, June 20, 2019, 09:35:44 AM EDT, Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> wrote:

When i changed from viking/pfaff format to jef format it didn't stitch properly.   I have not tried it with Hatch embroidery software.  When i did the conversion it was with viking/pfaff software  maybe version 6?  It was at least 4 or 5 years ago.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:22:00 AM

I am looking for insight on what type of Program/software I need to reformat all of my Viking embroidery designs to the JEF files.

Lyn Quine

You could try Hatch for 30 days free.  Do the conversion and try the digitising side out as it is the full program.  But I think you can purchase modules if you just wanted to edit stitch files etc,

Cat - N

I don't know how accurate the conversion would be between for each design in the Viking embroidery format when converted to the Janome format, but SewWhat Pro 64 will do batch conversion...whole directories at once, is fairly reasonably priced...and there is a trial version.

http://sandscomputing.com/products-shop/sewwhatpro-embroidery-editor/

For digitizing, I use Hatch, but have several others from before Hatch was available, including SWP

- Cat

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jun 20, 2019 8:27 am

HEATHER COWAN

I switched from pfaff vp3 to Jef and jef+.  I have the 15000, MB4 and 9900 so all my embroidery is Janome now.  I use Embird basic which is very reasonably priced, very intuitive and you can add a digitizing module.  The basic does everything I need and with the addition of Iconizer for a low price I can see thumbnails of all my designs in explorer and I added the Font engine module and can generate any computer TT font to a stitch file and manipulate it.  Great support from the company and updates are free and an update every few years is about $30.   thirty with one zero .... not fifteen hundred like the pfaff software upgrade.  I love the program and the support 

Hugs heather

On Jun 20, 2019, at 5:27 AM, Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...> wrote:

Cheryl Alm

True sizer is a free program from Wilcox and you can use it to convert design formats. 
https://www.wilcom.com/en-us/products/truesizerproducts.aspx

On Jun 20, 2019, at 9:35 AM, Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> wrote:

When i changed from viking/pfaff format to jef format it didn't stitch properly.   I have not tried it with Hatch embroidery software.  When i did the conversion it was with viking/pfaff software  maybe version 6?  It was at least 4 or 5 years ago.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Cindy Sipp <Cindyssipp@...>

Pam Davison

Also i was stitching on the 15000

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:34:26 AM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] MB7 embroidery machine

Pam Davison

Carolyn Gazerro

Any digitizer program should be able to convert to multiple formats. Depends on how much you want to spend. I have Janome MBX which is made by Wilcom.

Carolyn 🌹

Cindyssipp@...