Horizon Link Software - Microsoft Surface Pro4

June E Hudspeth

Does anyone know if I can download the Horizon Link software to my Microsoft Surface Pro4?  Or can you only download it to an Ipad.

If I can, where would I find the app?

Thanks so much!

June

Jim Stutsman

Horizon Link is capable of running on a Windows tablet, such as the Surface, but NOT on an iPad. However you cannot download Horizon Link. It comes with the machine on a CD.

June E Hudspeth

Good news & Bad News for me (smile).

My Surface Pro does not have a slot for a CD.

Oh well.

Thanks for the reply.

June

Jim Stutsman

If you have a computer that does have a CD drive all you need to do is copy everything from the CD to a USB stick. Then you can plug the USB stick into your Surface and run the Setup program.

June E Hudspeth

Thank you, thank you, I will give this a try.

Truly appreciate the feedback/help.

June

If you have a computer that does have a CD drive all you need to do is copy everything from the CD to a USB stick. Then you can plug the USB stick into your Surface and run the Setup program.

Lyn Quine

I bought a new PC last year, and it doesn’t have a CD/DVD drive installed.  I bought a very cheap external drive which just plugs into a USB Port. My HL and Janome V5 programs are on disc when I tried to copy to a USB drive they wouldn’t load, may have been something I was doing, but could have been a security issue about being copied and loaded.  My drive cost less than 20 GBP.  I was able to load them without a problem once it was installed

Carol Bass

I have an external CD/DVD that plugs into my surface with a USB.
It works just fine.  Best Buy
Carol in Indy

On Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 5:18:40 PM EDT, <juneeh@...> wrote:

Good news & Bad News for me (smile).

My Surface Pro does not have a slot for a CD.

Oh well.

Thanks for the reply.

June

favymtz

I have a student who owns a Janome 9900 machine and a Surface Pro. She was able to load the equivalent of Horizon Link which is AcuTools onto her Surface Pro. It does run but with some difficulties. For example one thing it does is that the screen will not show the program full size like it does on a regular windows computer and is therefore hard to use.
My explanation for why Janome has Windows programs and IPad apps is to attempt to meet the needs of all users.
Favymtz

June E Hudspeth

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

Best news yet!

Truly appreciate it.

June

I have an external CD/DVD that plugs into my surface with a USB.

It works just fine.  Best Buy

Carol in Indy

On Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 5:18:40 PM EDT, <juneeh@...> wrote:

Good news & Bad News for me (smile).

My Surface Pro does not have a slot for a CD.

Oh well.

Thanks for the reply.

June

Anne Hein DE

If you contact Janome tech support they will send you a link to download Horizon Link Suite.

Anne in DE

Vikki Youngmeyer

I have some after market applications for dog shows software that don’t “fit” properly on my HP Envy running Windows 10. I am able to get them to fit if I change the option in the Display settings/Display/Scale and layout from 125% to 100%. Surface Pro probably has similar options.

Vikki

Houston, X

I have a student who owns a Janome 9900 machine and a Surface Pro. She was able to load the equivalent of Horizon Link which is AcuTools onto her Surface Pro. It does run but with some difficulties. For example one thing it does is that the screen will not show the program full size like it does on a regular windows computer and is therefore hard to use.

My explanation for why Janome has Windows programs and IPad apps is to attempt to meet the needs of all users.

Favymtz

June E Hudspeth

Oh WOW – thank you Anne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!