New Owner of a used Janome 6500 Memorycraft - March 2019

srd.sonborne@...

Just trying to connect with other sewers who have this machine. I'm a Quilter and purchased a "used" 6500 just 6 months ago. I had been using a computerized Kenmore - but it wasn't performing how I needed it to for machine quilting.
So - I decided this was the edition that would work best for me. I wanted the 1)knee lift, 2) the thread cutter, and 3) needle up/down and wider throat.
I'd appreciate hearing from other 6500 users.
Thanks.

Randi Kemper

-- I have had mine for years and I love it! Never had a problkem with it,

Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

srd.sonborne@...

Good to hear and thank you for responding. Do you use it for machine quilting? That's the main reason I wanted another machine - because the Kenmore was just being strained to its max. I'm hoping this 6500 is a bit sturdier. Anyway, I'm a slow quilter - producing a quilt or two every year or two. I'm also elderly so I'm more methodocial and careful. I've just installed the even feed foot yesterday and it worked great on a sampler quilt I'm using for testing. I'm about to install the darning/quilting foot and see how it performs on free motion quilting. Any tips you may give me would be most appreciated.

Vikki Youngmeyer

I had a 6500 and ran it into the ground! It took a while! Any 6500s out there now are used and the 6600 and 6700 have replaced that model. The older 6600s are a lot better than the 6500s.

Vikki

Houston, TX