Screw with Sliding Guide Foot

Pixey

Hi Jim,

I had previously purchased the 7mm Sliding Guide (SG) foot and changed out the needle screw with the one provided. I have now acquired a second Janome 6600P, but it has the original needle screw. Is there any way to buy an additional compatible needle screw so that I can use the sliding guide foot with either machine? Is this something my dealer is likely to have? I was not sure whether the needle screws are threaded differently on different machines.

Pixey

Jim Stutsman

Within the Janome brand all needle clamp screws have the same thread. Your dealer can probably order another screw, but only if Janome makes the screws available as a replacement part. If you happen to have an old yarn embroidery attachment from the 9000 era, that needle clamp screw might also work.

Virginia

Not true my 7700 had a different type than my 12000 and my 15000. In fact the screw on my 7700 bent my needle bar it was so hard to remove and attach the even feed.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/10/19 10:23 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Screw with Sliding Guide Foot

Within the Janome brand all needle clamp screws have the same thread. Your dealer can probably order another screw, but only if Janome makes the screws available as a replacement part. If you happen to have an old yarn embroidery attachment from the 9000 era, that needle clamp screw might also work.

Mary Jo Hirsch

Speaking of parts. I’m missing the black cap which fits in the circle foot.  Can it be replaced.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2019 at 9:23 PM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

--
null

Pixey

Thanks I will check with him.  Since they all have the same thread it means one for a newer machine would work too.

Pixey

On Mar 10, 2019, at 9:23 PM, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Jim Stutsman

The post was regarding the screw in the needle clamp, NOT the one that attaches the foot. While the ends of the various needle clamp screws may vary, the actual threads (on the screw, not in the machine) are consistent across the Janome line.