Tips to check automatic needle threader?

juliadlf.ny@...

The automatic needle threader on my QuiltMaker 15000 has again stopped working.
Last summer it stopped working after I was doing multiple thread changes on a project.
Took it to the dealer and they ended up replacing the needle threader.  It has been working fine and now it again will not thread
the needle. I tried all my needles but none of them will work with the automatic threader. I know it isn't user error so before I lug this heavy machine
to the dealer, wondering if anyone has any tips for me to check as it seems odd that it would just stop working?
Thanks,
Julia

Jim Stutsman

One thing to try is to turn the hand wheel slightly before hitting the threader button. A dealer friend of ours has found that sometimes the sensor for when the needle is all the way up gets off slightly, leading to the needle eye being out of position. Turning the wheel SLIGHTLY in one direction may allow it to thread. If one direction doesn't work, try the opposite. If that does get it working you can have your dealer adjust the sensor. It's a fairly simple adjustment that can be done in a short time.

juliadlf.ny@...

Jim: Just tried your suggestions and it still won't work.
When I lock the machine, thread and if I move the hand wheel ever so slightly counter clockwise, the light goes out on
the needle threader button. If I move the hand wheel ever so slightly clockwise, it still does not thread.
Time to schedule an appt with the dealer.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Julia

Virginia

Do you think you may not have the needle in right. I find if I use Schmetz needles or a different brand than Organ or Janome brand my needle threader will not thread. I have to do them by hand.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.