From: juliadlf.ny <juliadlf.ny@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Mar 3, 2019 2:34 pm
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Looking hand embroidery type stitches on 15000

I'm working on wool applique sewing projects and was looking for hand embroidery type stitches
on the 15000 for using in sewing mode. I know we have blanket stitches but looking for similar stitches to a chain stitch,
french knot, back stitch, etc. Has anyone found a way to create hand embroidery type stitches on the 15000 or know which
ones we currently have to be equivalent?
Thanks,
Julia

juliadlf.ny@...

Thanks but I already checked the manual but nothing that addresses this.

Patricia Ward

Did you look at some of the "quilting" and "heirloom" stitches as well as just the "decorative"...I don't think you will find exact replicas of some hand embroidery stitches but I would think if you use a heavier thread like a 30 wt or even a 12 wt you could get some of the quilt,heirloom, and decorative stitches to have more of a hand look.

Maybe you could try doing something in Stitch Composer to imitate the hand embroidery stitches you are talking about.

Pat in MD

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 7:06 PM <juliadlf.ny@...> wrote:
Thanks but I already checked the manual but nothing that addresses this.

juliadlf.ny@...

Pat, yes I looked at those and stitched a few but not what I was hoping to achieve.
Good thought on Stitch Composer. Haven't used that feature yet.
Thanks.

favymtz

There is a French Knot built in, it’s in Decorative page 1  #6. I created a better version using Stitch Composer and it’s in the group files. Also, Diane gave instructions for improving the built in French knot, I’m not certain if the document is still in the files?
There is a category of Hand Look stitches in the machine, Page 9 of Decorative stitches, that are quite nice but mostly rely on getting the effects by repeated stitch points. You need very well stabilized fabric to use them.
I’ve also used Stitch Composer to make my own Chain Stitch, so virtually anything you can dream up is possible!
And then of course, If you digitize you can also make hand look stitches to use in Embroidery mode.
Favymtz

juliadlf.ny@...

Thank you favymtz. I downloaded your second French Knot file and will try it.
Jim and Diane: I saw the pdf file that favymtz mentioned that Diane did for the French Knot.
I see that was done using the 10000 model. Did Diane do a newer version for the 15000?
Would I select #6 and then somehow adjust so that only one French Knot would stitch since
I do not need them to be in a continuous string.
I believe ini the 15000 videos Diane had done a segment on Stitch Composer so I'll take a look
at that tonight.
Thank you.

Donna Morton

You might want to try creating your own with Stitch Composer.  Stitch Composer is part of HorizonLink Suite.

Donna M
Canada
http://www.snipandstitch.com

Jim Stutsman

When Diane has a chance I'll have her look at the 10000 instructions and modify them as needed for the 15000.

juliadlf.ny@...

Jim and Diane: Thank you for taking the time to update the pdf.
I did find the "hand look" stitches following Cheryls suggestion but when I click on
T-Shirt Icon, choose Quilt and then Hand Look there is not really a selection of ones
I could use. Did I miss something?
I ran into a problem with the file I loaded onto a USB stick that favymtz did because my machine
sits down in my Horn cabinet and there is not enough distance between the area to insert the USB
into the machine and the inside of the cabinet. Can these type of created stitch files
be sent via WiFi to the machine or only using a USB stick?
Thanks all for the replies. I appreciate the help.
Julia

Jim Stutsman

Stitch Composer files cannot be sent to the machine via WiFi. However I think this might solve your problem:
 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F8DJWHK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_KoOFCb0V1Y0Y3

juliadlf.ny@...

Jim: Thanks for the link. So this product would allow my USB stick to plug into one end
and the other end would go into the machine USB port?

Jim Stutsman

No, it's an extension. The right angle end plugs into your machine, and the other end is brought up to the surface of your cabinet. You can then plug in a USB stick into that end. If you want to connect your computer directly to the USB port on the machine you would need a different type of connector:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GT3X1PM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_CCPFCbWYGCT54

Either way, you are essentially "moving" a USB port from the machine below the cabinet surface to above where it can be connected. Of course you will still need some clearance, even with a right-angle plug. Once you have installed the extension you would just leave it there for convenience. Because of the spacing of the USB ports on the machine, I don't think there would be room to extend both ports. If you want to connect your computer to the machine via USB cable then just pick the one linked above. If you want to use the USB stick, choose the one in my previous post.

juliadlf.ny@...

Yes, that is what I'm saying. I want to be able to just plug my USB Stick into one end
and the other end of the extension would be plugged into my 15000 machine USB Port. Not my computer.
Thanks for the help.