2 things

Joyce Daniel

1.Just an FYI to ck and re Check your machine. On my 12000, I was working on a fuzzy blanket. I had knockdown stitching done and then the name and Bible verse needed to stitch on top of the Knockdown (an Embrilliance software feature). I had to change my bobbin (next item) and when I put my hoop back in, the design was no longer on the screen to stitch. I ended up having to turn my machine off and start again. Machine asked if I wanted to start w the same design and I said yes and I assumed it would line it bk up where it needed to embroider the name, it did NOT and stupidly, I did not check to see where it was stitching first, which is why I say “ck and re check”. All in all, blanket is ok, not an order, and after washing, drying, fluffing it’s fine. J

2.My 12000 does not finish out a bobbin. Is there a setting I can use to get it to stitch to the end of each bobbin and if so, how and where do I find that setting?

Many thanks!! Joyce in GA

We are all tourists, God is our travel agent

who has already identified our routes,

bookings, and destinations…..trust Him always

and enjoy the beautiful life He has given you.

Charlie Chaplin

Jim Stutsman

Item 2 - See the manual, page 128. The remaining bobbin thread sensor can be adjusted to leave less (-) or more (+) thread before warning about low bobbin.

Virginia

Remember in your set screen you have many options, however each time you change something you need to press ok or it won't remember.  In this case resume must be checked.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

[...]

favymtz

Re the Resume mode, if you have it turned on the machine should return to exactly everything that you had set up and were in the midst of using when you turned the machine off and then later try to resume the same design.
If the machine asked if you wanted to resume and you said ok(yes) and if something didn't line up it's likely that maybe the hoop had bumped something. ???
If you're certain you didn't cause the problem, then there may be something not right with the machine, because
If Resume isn't activated, the machine won't ask the question when you start up.
--
Favymtz

Pixey

I have never had to test this thankfully, but if you jogged over to align a design at the start, does Resume mode catch this as well?  Or does it recenter the design before it goes to the the stitch it stopped on?

Pixey

On Oct 5, 2021, at 8:08 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Re the Resume mode, if you have it turned on the machine should return to exactly everything that you had set up and were in the midst of using when you turned the machine off and then later try to resume the same design.
If the machine asked if you wanted to resume and you said ok(yes) and if something didn't line up it's likely that maybe the hoop had bumped something. ???
If you're certain you didn't cause the problem, then there may be something not right with the machine, because
If Resume isn't activated, the machine won't ask the question when you start up.
--
Favymtz

Cheryl Paul

For the remaining thread on your bobbin: If you turn it “OFF” it will keep on stitching and in embroidery especially that can be a problem. The needle thread usually breaks somewhere, and sometimes a long way past the bobbin running out. On the 12000, if I remember correctly, it is very painful finding the spot as it is a stitch by stitch effort and the 10’s and 100’s, but you need to be careful with that or you are soon past the spot where stitching stopped. I suggest that you set it to the lowest setting, as there won’t be a significant amount of thread left on your bobbin, and you will be warned and the machine will stop and you can change the bobbin without crisis. After all if we can afford to buy these machines, we can probably afford to lose a metre (yard) or two of thread, every once in a while. Also the remaining thread on the bobbin can be used for hand sewing (I know that is a swear word), or just regular sewing, as you can do short seams with what is left.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Ceil J

Cheryl,
I did learn the hard was to keep that bobbin notification on for embroidery!  I use the almost empty spools when I'm doing a tack down at the beginning or applique, anywhere that it won't matter if the bobbin runs out.  Playing bobbin roulette is just too painful.

favymtz

Pixey, the Resume mode means that everything you had set up including jogging the design, changing colors etc will be exactly as you left it.
If it's not resuming exactly how you had set it, then somethings not working right with the machine.
--
Favymtz

favymtz

Re amount of thread left on the bobbin, I've read that a service tech can even adjust the level of how sensitive the sensor is in the hidden setting of the machine.
It's worthwhile to ask if you're concerned with wasting too much thread.
I once read, that if your machine is leaving a lot of thread even at the lowest setting, to tie the end of the bobbin thread onto the spool of bobbin thread and wind a new bobbin!
I did try it a few times and it seemed to work fine.

Re stitch counter on the 12000, you can move forward and backward 1 stitch at a time. That feature began with the 11000 machine.
It was one of the best improvements that Janome made to their embroidery machines!

--
Favymtz