Converting Cross Stitch pattern to embroidery file possible?

juliadlf.ny@...

There are so many beautiful cross stitch patterns and I was wondering if
there is a way to convert an existing cross stitch design so it can be stitched out on our embroidery machine?
Has anyone done it and would you share how you accomplished it?
Thanks
Julia

Jim Stutsman

There are many software options that will create embroidery designs as cross stitch. This page covers several of them: https://forum.embroideres.com/blogs/entry/128-software-for-creating-cross-stitch-patterns-for-the-embroidery-machines/

valora hammond

I have created my own designs and followed a pattern by putting crosses where they belong but I have never scanned one in.   Some patterns use little circles and diamonds instead of colors.

On Feb 11, 2019, at 5:59 AM, juliadlf.ny@... wrote:

There are so many beautiful cross stitch patterns and I was wondering if
there is a way to convert an existing cross stitch design so it can be stitched out on our embroidery machine?
Has anyone done it and would you share how you accomplished it?
Thanks
Julia

Lois W <LoisWms@...>

Trevor had a lesson on how to scan a crossstitch chart into the program and adjust it to match the graph and then create the crosses. I just started playing with it last month and was very successful.  It really is very easy to do once you get the sizing right.

I also created some simple ones by just using a chart and placing the crosses for some simple designs.

I did do a basics class forthe members of the embroidery club meeting last month. I  hoping to see if they want more this month.

Lois

Delaware Sewing Center

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I have created my own designs and followed a pattern by putting crosses where they belong but I have never scanned one in.   Some patterns use little circles and diamonds instead of colors.

On Feb 11, 2019, at 5:59 AM, juliadlf.ny@... wrote:

There are so many beautiful cross stitch patterns and I was wondering if
there is a way to convert an existing cross stitch design so it can be stitched out on our embroidery machine?
Has anyone done it and would you share how you accomplished it?
Thanks
Julia

juliadlf.ny@...

Lois: Do you remember what the name of the program Trevor used?
Thanks,
Julia

favymtz

The info about the cross stitch program for Digitizer MBX is incorrect, I suppose because it's an old list. ?
Janome added the cross stitch function in version 4.5 at no additional cost.
It's an easy to use program and gives very good results.
Favymtz

Lou Ann

I don't know if it's what Trevor uses, but the Floriani TCU program can convert a fill design OR a line drawing to cross stitch. It's one of the program's conversion tools.  Just hit a button.  I haven't tried it yet because of a long list of other projects!  I'll be attending one of Trevor's Floriani workshops March 2 in Tulsa, OK.  I'm guessing I'll learn a lot.

Lois W <LoisWms@...>

MBX  crossstitch can also convert embroidery designs to crossstitch.

But his videos show how to import a crossstitch chart and digitizing the design. Takes less time than reading the chart and stitching by hand, but still takes some time, but if you want to stitch it several times works great.

Lois

Sent from Mail for Windows 10