Topics

AcuFeed Flex

Pixey

Thanks for the response on long term storage of a machine.

As a follow-up, I keep having problems when I try to use the new Accufeed Flex system feet on my 15000 and S9. Most recently I was trying to sew the binding on some placemats. I was using the narrow foot VD foot because I was sewing a half inch binding close to the edge. When I would get to the corner and try to make the 90 degree turn and start to sew the next side, the top feed mechanism was initially not grabbing the placemat. Then as the bottom feed dogs continued to push it, it jammed up against the top feed foot and then the dual feed link would disengage (pop out altogether). Did not have this problem on my 6600 Accufeed system. (I was trying it on both because I was pondering investing in the quilt binder attachment.)

Am now wondering if I should have used the wider feed foot but moved the needle to the right. Has anyone else encountered problems when starting to sew with the narrow AcuFeed Flex foot?

Pixey

Jim Stutsman

We've experienced the link pop-out before. Try reducing the foot pressure on the top of the machine.

Cat - N

I definitely have more problems with the narrow foot holder.

I saw Jim's reply about foot pressure, and, of course, I didn't try reducing the foot pressure for the 'pop out' with the narrow holder and foot because I was only seaming two layers of fabric (satin) for a doggy garment at that time, which were already sliding freely (think "limbo") under the foot when the foot was down, so the presser foot wasn't touching the fabric at all...rather than futz with figuring out the problem right then, I just changed to the wide holder, which held the satin fabric layers well.

I don't have any trouble with the wide foot holder, which rarely pops out, but the narrow one's little 'stomper' grabs a lot more air than fabric a lot of the time, and, of course is popped out when it is grabbing/clawing air. When it is grabbing fabric, I love it for bindings with the zipper foot in the holder, so I will give changing the foot pressure a try on the next quilt binding for sure if that little buggar is grabbing air instead of fabric.  (IDK would be so nice...wish manufacturing was still in Germany.)

Thanks much for the suggestion!

- Cat

Glynnis Ballou

I have definitely encountered the same thing.  Because the "top foot" is behind the needle. But - I love that narrow foot for bindings.  So, I use a leader scrap that I can tug on to help feed.  Extra work for sure, but only 4 times on a large quilt and the extra effort is negligible.

Glynnis in KY

On Monday, January 28, 2019, 2:17:56 PM EST, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

We've experienced the link pop-out before. Try reducing the foot pressure on the top of the machine.

Pixey

Glynis,
Can you elaborate a little more on how you use the leader piece.  I am familiar with the concept for piecing, but am having difficulty visualizing how it would work when doing a binding on a multi-layered quilt and working on a mitered corner.

Thanks,
Pixey

On Jan 28, 2019, at 5:26 PM, Glynnis Ballou via Groups.Io <roclab54@...> wrote:

I have definitely encountered the same thing.  Because the "top foot" is behind the needle. But - I love that narrow foot for bindings.  So, I use a leader scrap that I can tug on to help feed.  Extra work for sure, but only 4 times on a large quilt and the extra effort is negligible.

Glynnis in KY

On Monday, January 28, 2019, 2:17:56 PM EST, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

We've experienced the link pop-out before. Try reducing the foot pressure on the top of the machine.

Lyn Quine

I had the same happen with the narrow foot, and disengaging, it does that when you go over a lumpy bit, the foot is long in relation to the top feed dog at the back, the foot tips up and that disengages the hook at the back, there’s not a lot you can do to stop it. That actually is my favourite foot, I use it a lot on both my 12 and 15000, for most jobs, and for a zip the zipper foot is excellent.

Jim Stutsman

The new AcuFeed Flex Professional foot HP2 is now in FootBook. It MUST be used with the HP needle plate, and it's pretty fabulous. I'll be posting a freebie preview to YouTube next week.

Lyn Quine

I’ve emailed Janome UK about the new foot, it looks interesting I’ve got the new foot for the HP plate and it is very good, the best I’ve ever used.  I want the HP2 now!  Lol but I won’t hold my breath it isn’t on their product list in the shop yet.  They now have the V5.5 software in, they are loading it onto the system, I’m ordering that soon as it’s available

Judy Jackson

I wonder how long it will be before Janome UK are able to supply me with this foot? I love the HP plate and foot and an AcuFeed HP2  sounds just what we need.

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 15:17, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
The new AcuFeed Flex Professional foot HP2 is now in FootBook. It MUST be used with the HP needle plate, and it's pretty fabulous. I'll be posting a freebie preview to YouTube next week.

Lyn Quine

I would email them and ask.  If we don’t ask we won’t get, because they don’t think there is much of a market for some things

Patrice Krant

Does the Accufeed HP2 foot and the HP needle plate come with the upgrade to version 3.0, or do I have to buy them separately? My 15000 has been updated, but I did not receive any new feet or or other equipment.

Jim Stutsman

In the US the machine upgrade to Quilt Maker is separate from the dealer-installed upgrade, and it's not free. Part #862414018 contains the HP needle plate, the HP foot, an open toe darning foot (PD-H), a 1/4" seam foot without guide (O), a variable zigzag open toe foot (QZ), and ruler foot QR. Price for this kit varies by dealer. Note that the HP foot in this package is different from the HP2 foot, as it is NOT AcuFeed. The new foot HP2 is designed to be used with the AcuFeed system. Part number for that foot is 202415004. This foot MUST be used with the HP needle plate.

In your case you will need to purchase the Quilt Maker Machine Accessory Upgrade Kit first (Part #862414018) to use the HP2 foot. Your dealer may have both in stock, but they can also be ordered.

Roy Zeigler

The operating system on the 15000 v3 is not updated for the HP2 foot. We have a 9450 QCP that is has the AccuFeed icon lighted on the screen to "activate" the AccuFeed features (safety) to lockout the additional stitches. The HP2 foot will work on the 15000, just your screen will not indicate to use the HP2 foot like the 9450 does. I doubt that Janome is going to release an operating system update for the 15000 to incorporate the HP2 foot.

Anne Stoye

If you get any joy from Janome UK please can you post the information eg price and part number.  I love my HP foot and would certainly buy the AcuFeed version too.  Perhaps you can persuade Janome UK that there is demand.

Best wishes,

Anne

Judy wrote:

I wonder how long it will be before Janome UK are able to supply me with this foot? I love the HP plate and foot and an AcuFeed HP2  sounds just what we need.

Lyn Quine

It is in stock now Part Number 865522008 @ £26.00 it isn’t on their system yet but will be soon, they haven’t got many, i received an email this afternoon. Keep an eye on the Janome UK website and their catalogue or go to your local dealer and order through them. They have also got the V5.5 updated software in, again not many its £129 and you do need to order through a dealer for that again it’s not on their system yet.

Regards
Lyn Quine

Randi Kemper

-- Jim, I don't see that on my footbook app.
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Jim Stutsman

If you still don't see it look at the bottom of the "Contents" page at the start of the app. If the version is less than 4.1(10)-17 you may need to update. The app checks for new items once per day, and my not update until tomorrow.

Patrice Krant

Thank you, Jim! You are worth your weight in gold to this group!

Lyn Quine

Just had an email V5.5 software is on the system now but the price I was quoted was wrong here’s the details for itPart number 254761205 Upgrade from MBX V5.0 – MBX V5.5

@ £249.00

juliadlf.ny@...

Thanks Jim for the heads up on the HP2 in the Footbook. I watched it last night. Excellent video.