15000 V3 workbook

Lyn Quine

Hi thanks for adding me to the forum.  I’m in the UK, and I’m reading a lot about the workbook and the addendum for the V3 upgrade.  We can’t get the workbook in the UK it’s deemed there’s no market for it.  As we have never seen it, can someone tell me what it is, it is like the manual but more comprehensive or is it a book of projects?  Is it a book of different techniques, what is the workbook.

Also so can I ask does anyone here know anything about a new upgrade for the V5 software?  I’ve been advised by someone who knows about these th8ngs that there has been an upgrade launched somewhere in the world, but I can’t find it.  Janome UK say they’ve no idea what I’m talking about, I’ve even emailed Japan asking if there will be a worldwide launch so that is Brits can buy it, but got no reply.

To be honest a lot of us in the UK feel let down, because anything that comes out from Janome doesn’t see the UK market,  the latest software, Aritista, the Janome stylus for the iPad, and the V5 upgrade (if it exists, and I was told it will be launched in the new year........ no it hasn’t) and the workbooks, none of those have reached our shores.  If it’s because there’s no market in the UK, well if we knew it was available there might be.  Is there anyone who can shed some light on it please,

Jim Stutsman

Digitizer MBX V5.5 is an interesting product. It apparently was ready for sale back in March of last year. Janome US & Canada released Artistic Digitizer, and there was speculation that they were abandoning MBX. That sparked Wilcom, author of MBX, to offer their own product Hatch at a reduced price. Janome America then responded that they were definitely going to have V5.5 and it was ordered. Meanwhile V5.5 has been available in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden since November (https://www.janome.dk/janome-digitizer-mbx-v5-5-nyhed/). You might consider pointing out to Janome UK that Scandanavia is a much smaller market than UK, but has a better product offering.

Regarding the stylus, it actually is available in UK for 10 quid. The only thing lacking is the Janome logo painted on it. Here's where to get it on Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LIBERRWAY-Universal-Capacitive-Precision-Screens-Black/dp/B07JHP46CD/ref=sr_1_27_sspa?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1548091970&sr=1-27-spons&keywords=stylus+pen+2-in-1&psc=1
We have the same one here, also from Amazon, and it works a treat.

Lyn Quine

Thank you for the information I have indeed sent an email to Janome, the list of items that the British market misses out on increases.  I won’t bother trying to get a Janome branded stylus it would probably cost more, I’ll buy from Amazon.  I’ve tried using AcuSketch but fingertips aren’t the same as a stylus, I use a tablet and pen with V5 most of the time..  But sometimes  it would be good to play on the iPad.

Do you know if the V5.5 is available as an upgrade or is it just the full program?

I feel Janome treat us like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on....

Jim Stutsman

Janome America will be offering V5.5 as an upgrade from V5, but as you have discovered, it may be a different story in UK. This dichotomy exists because Janome Tokyo allows the MD (CEO in US lingo) of each country decides what will be sold. I suspect that's because they assume someone local will be more familiar with the market, but the burden of meeting sales goals and achieving bonuses usually outweighs what the local customers might want.

Virginia

What is even worst we rarely receive any info or newsletter.  I can remember when we would not only get weekly or bi-weekly newsletters and Jim do you remember the Janome Digest.  It was full of information and projects.  Yes there was a fee but it was well worth the  few dollars. I still have just about everyone in a notebook since the 1996.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.