15000 V3 workbook

Lyn Quine

Hi thanks for adding me to the forum.  I’m in the UK, and I’m reading a lot about the workbook and the addendum for the V3 upgrade.  We can’t get the workbook in the UK it’s deemed there’s no market for it.  As we have never seen it, can someone tell me what it is, it is like the manual but more comprehensive or is it a book of projects?  Is it a book of different techniques, what is the workbook.  

Also so can I ask does anyone here know anything about a new upgrade for the V5 software?  I’ve been advised by someone who knows about these th8ngs that there has been an upgrade launched somewhere in the world, but I can’t find it.  Janome UK say they’ve no idea what I’m talking about, I’ve even emailed Japan asking if there will be a worldwide launch so that is Brits can buy it, but got no reply.  

To be honest a lot of us in the UK feel let down, because anything that comes out from Janome doesn’t see the UK market,  the latest software, Aritista, the Janome stylus for the iPad, and the V5 upgrade (if it exists, and I was told it will be launched in the new year........ no it hasn’t) and the workbooks, none of those have reached our shores.  If it’s because there’s no market in the UK, well if we knew it was available there might be.  Is there anyone who can shed some light on it please,

Jim Stutsman

Digitizer MBX V5.5 is an interesting product. It apparently was ready for sale back in March of last year. Janome US & Canada released Artistic Digitizer, and there was speculation that they were abandoning MBX. That sparked Wilcom, author of MBX, to offer their own product Hatch at a reduced price. Janome America then responded that they were definitely going to have V5.5 and it was ordered. Meanwhile V5.5 has been available in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden since November (https://www.janome.dk/janome-digitizer-mbx-v5-5-nyhed/). You might consider pointing out to Janome UK that Scandanavia is a much smaller market than UK, but has a better product offering.

Regarding the stylus, it actually is available in UK for 10 quid. The only thing lacking is the Janome logo painted on it. Here's where to get it on Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/LIBERRWAY-Universal-Capacitive-Precision-Screens-Black/dp/B07JHP46CD/ref=sr_1_27_sspa?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1548091970&sr=1-27-spons&keywords=stylus+pen+2-in-1&psc=1
We have the same one here, also from Amazon, and it works a treat.

Lyn Quine

Thank you for the information I have indeed sent an email to Janome, the list of items that the British market misses out on increases.  I won’t bother trying to get a Janome branded stylus it would probably cost more, I’ll buy from Amazon.  I’ve tried using AcuSketch but fingertips aren’t the same as a stylus, I use a tablet and pen with V5 most of the time..  But sometimes  it would be good to play on the iPad.

Do you know if the V5.5 is available as an upgrade or is it just the full program?  

I feel Janome treat us like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on....

Jim Stutsman

Janome America will be offering V5.5 as an upgrade from V5, but as you have discovered, it may be a different story in UK. This dichotomy exists because Janome Tokyo allows the MD (CEO in US lingo) of each country decides what will be sold. I suspect that's because they assume someone local will be more familiar with the market, but the burden of meeting sales goals and achieving bonuses usually outweighs what the local customers might want.

Virginia

What is even worst we rarely receive any info or newsletter.  I can remember when we would not only get weekly or bi-weekly newsletters and Jim do you remember the Janome Digest.  It was full of information and projects.  Yes there was a fee but it was well worth the  few dollars. I still have just about everyone in a notebook since the 1996.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/21/19 3:51 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] 15000 V3 workbook

Janome America will be offering V5.5 as an upgrade from V5, but as you have discovered, it may be a different story in UK. This dichotomy exists because Janome Tokyo allows the MD (CEO in US lingo) of each country decides what will be sold. I suspect that's because they assume someone local will be more familiar with the market, but the burden of meeting sales goals and achieving bonuses usually outweighs what the local customers might want.

Donna Morton

For those looking for information on the MC 15000 (and many other topics) check out and and sign up for Janome Life.  This is a blog by the Canadian educators.  A recent post covered the workbooks:  https://janomelife.wordpress.com/2019/01/18/janome-workbooks/

If you are looking for projects try following the Janome US blog https://www.janome.com/blog/

Donna M
Canada

Cheryl Paul

I bought the workbook - just the machine part - there are a few addendums that are also in a nice binder but separate to order. I paid approximately $150.00 for a binder full of shiny paper - I really don’t think it is worth the money. Jim and Diane’s My 15000 APP will give you all you need and a projects as well to show you how to do things. Save your pennies for a upgrade in software or a new machine if it comes out in the next year or two. That’s my 2 cents worth.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Sandie Williamson <stitchin211@...>

I am in US, contacted my dealer last week & have now received a link for the mantal for the updated 15000 that includes addendum but I believe that's for the workbook anyway & if you can workout buying the Quiltmaker WWorkbook for 15000, it includes that addendum.
I did get tge free link for updated 15000 at no charge & I assume you'd have access to that from your dealer. It is 198 pages. My dealer sent an added link that covers how one connects the machine to your machine, etc.
I hope you can work it out. Since I don't know if there are differences in how UK links are written, I'm not including the link here. I wish you luck in getting both.
In US, the Quiltmaker Workbook (includes addendum) is on sale on Amazon for $59.95 

Theresa Turnbull

Hi
I would love to get hold of the workbook but the Amazon links  give me
Amazon. com  “Currently, there are no sellers that can deliver this item to your location.”
Amazon.co.au  Only 5 left in stock. No sellers are currently delivering this item to the UK”
eBay.com has the Addendum on offer but only to be shipped within the USA
So there are sellers but it appears Janome will not permit them to sell to the UK
Does anyone know why?
Theresa
From a chilly Southern England

favymtz

The Workbook for the 15000 Quiltmaker Edition is a very nice workbook, and can really help a sewist get hands on experience learning their new machine.
This is who I'd recommend it for:
  • a new sewist or
  • someone who really wants to make samples using the various functions available in the machine.
I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for:
  • an experienced sewist or
  • who has many other books about sewing in their personal library
  • one who can figure things out on their own or uses the Machine Manual to figure things out
It is composed of many exercises to make samples. It's well written and has a nice presentation. It's price is fairly high in my opinion, but that comes with a bias based on the fact that I have been doing those techniques for 40+ years!!! 
So, that's my two cents worth!
Faviola

Lyn Quine

I think it’s because We have Janome UK.  They decide if they will stock it, and Janome UK doesn’t think there is a market for it.  I’ve asked the question, that’s what I was told.  But I have pointed out, that as owners of these machines we have to know what is available to knownif we want it or not!  They have not market, because it hasn’t been marketed here.  Apparently they had books for other machines but they didn’t sell so don’t bother any more.

Randi Kemper

I put the workbook on a usb drive and took it to the Staples and had it printed in black and white and loose leaf bound for $30!
It is easier than looking up things on the computer. 
--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Nyssa Lanzafame

How do i get this free online link?  what is it called so that i can ask specifically. I would definitely be interested in this, instead of the hard copy!

Fern Knoll <fmk@...>

Randy Kemper, where did you find the workbook on line?  Thank you.

On Jan 23, 2019, at 11:57 AM, Randi Kemper <randisbear1@...> wrote:

I put the workbook on a usb drive and took it to the Staples and had it printed in black and white and loose leaf bound for $30!
It is easier than looking up things on the computer. 
--
Randi Kemper

Jeanniett Chicky

I have not found a site where I can download the Workbook.  I found the Instructional Manual (100 plus pages) but not the Workbook.  Can you provide me a site.  I did find that there are 6 different workbooks which can be purchased.....The Workbook is currently out of stock maybe even print I am not sure about that....

Dottie Newkirk

Your dealer should be able to order the workbook (from Janome) for you if they don't have it in stock.  Hope this helps.  Dottie in Texas

On 1/23/2019 2:19 PM, Jeanniett Chicky wrote:
I have not found a site where I can download the Workbook.  I found the Instructional Manual (100 plus pages) but not the Workbook.  Can you provide me a site.  I did find that there are 6 different workbooks which can be purchased.....The Workbook is currently out of stock maybe even print I am not sure about that....
_._,_._,_

Virus-free. www.avg.com

favymtz

The Workbook is not available online, it's only a printed copy.
The user manual is not the Workbook, it's the book that came with your machine and can be downloaded free from the Janome website. If you type into your browser search engine, "Janome 15000 Manual" it will bring up some links where you can download it to your computer. It's in the Janome Support section of the site.
The manual can also be put on your tablet to take it with you! Be aware there's more than one version of the manual available, so get the one for your machine.

Nyssa Lanzafame

and also, beware in printing the manual you don't have the margins set such that you dont get the page numbers :(  after getting it printed and bound i got home and tried to look something up....oops!

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:30 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
The Workbook is not available online, it's only a printed copy.
The user manual is not the Workbook, it's the book that came with your machine and can be downloaded free from the Janome website. If you type into your browser search engine, "Janome 15000 Manual" it will bring up some links where you can download it to your computer. It's in the Janome Support section of the site.
The manual can also be put on your tablet to take it with you! Be aware there's more than one version of the manual available, so get the one for your machine.

Margaret Reiter

I purchased the workbook for $49.99. It is amazing to me, step by step projects to use all the features this machine has, what feet to use, what needle plate, positioning, etc. This workbook is not a manual. It covers quilting, sewing embroidery, the Ipad, the link etc. I inherited the Janome 15000MC and there is no one near me to go for lessons or help. This workbook was the answer for me. I have heard of the pen, not seen it and have not heard of an upgrade. I am in the USA

Randi Kemper

Where did you find the work book. I have the manual but not the workbook.
--
Randi Kemper