New Machine?

J Fraker

Does anyone know if Janome is going to have a new embroidery machine out any time soon?  If so, any idea of new features?

Nyssa Lanzafame

I don't know the answer, but I am curious as to what new features people would be hoping for?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 10:40 AM J Fraker <frakersfunnyfarm@...> wrote:
Does anyone know if Janome is going to have a new embroidery machine out any time soon?  If so, any idea of new features?

blue_lak

I wish they'd upgrade Stitch Composer: 1) have a virtual stitching screen to see what you're stitch might look like without having to take it to the machine and test it; 2) access to ALL the built-in stitches, or at least name the stitch files to match the number on the stitch chart. I realize there are machine tolerances, but those limits can be encoded in the software.
Jan

HEATHER COWAN

One feature I would really like on a new model and would buy up for is to able to bring all stitches INCLUDING buttonholes into the hoop.  Pfaff has had this for fifteen years and is such a useful item.  I do all my buttonholes in the hoop as they are then perfectly spaced and aligned.  It doesn’t matter how variable the fabric is.  Leather or satin you get a beautiful result.  Having to go to HL to get stitches for the hoop is very cumbersome and I have to go to my old Pfaff to get the buttonholes and then save as emb file and send to 15000.  As a former coder ..... this shouldn’t be a big deal to add to software.
Thanks
Heather

Virginia

Stitch composer for the 15,000 quiltmaker has been updated.  If you have it already installed in your computer you will need to go to Janome register your machine and  they will e-mail you the info to upgrade.

I wish they'd upgrade Stitch Composer: 1) have a virtual stitching screen to see what you're stitch might look like without having to take it to the machine and test it; 2) access to ALL the built-in stitches, or at least name the stitch files to match the number on the stitch chart. I realize there are machine tolerances, but those limits can be encoded in the software.
Jan

J Fraker

I looked at another brand of machine with a comparable price and it projected the design onto the fabric so that you could see the exact placement.  That was really nice and would be fantastic for quilting.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 12:38 PM blue_lak via Groups.Io <blue_lak=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I wish they'd upgrade Stitch Composer: 1) have a virtual stitching screen to see what you're stitch might look like without having to take it to the machine and test it; 2) access to ALL the built-in stitches, or at least name the stitch files to match the number on the stitch chart. I realize there are machine tolerances, but those limits can be encoded in the software.
Jan

Virginia

The Janome MBX Version 5 software has the built in buttonholes.

Virginia