Ideas Wanted

ksd16a

Hello all. My granddaughter is a cheerleader at our high school. Wanted to
make something with the high school logo and her name but not sure what to
make. Now I decided to make something for all 20 cheerleaders and sponsors
- crazy I know!  I thought about a Christmas ornament but wanted something
they could use. Coasters would work but not sure that is practical for high
school girls. Was going to order inexpensive bags and embroider on them but
the cheaper ones don't hold up well. Then thought about making denim rag
bags but that would take a long time to make the bag and embroider on it
and clip all the edges. Hand towels - they could use them for a long time.
Key chains - they all are/will be driving soon. Note book/journal with
covers - always can use something to keep notes/thoughts in. More ideas?
Thanks much for any suggestions.
Kathy

Sharon Moos

I’ve made personalized hand towels and they are appreciated

Charles Maier

For a cute cheerleader gift for 20girls and coaches, we did notebook covers for small notebooks.
We sewed Megaphones with the girls names on them.
The megaphones were applique and embroidered names.
There are also bows with there names on them
I hope this helps.
My daughter cheered from Jr. high thru college.
Those backpacks that look like a pull bag is nice also.
Good luck,
Karen

Pam from Warm and Sunny Florida

Make-up bags are perfect! My 13 yr old granddaughter made one in less than 20 minutes with a zipper. She used a quilted placemat. Go to YouTube to find directions. Sounds like a fun project

bhd02@...

There are many in the hoop zippered bags, or even easy not- hooped patterns out there. Snap bags are fun, can be quilted or not. Tissue holders would be another idea.

Judi Rutherford

I would make zipper pouches.  They are quick to make particularly in an assembly line :-).

You can use fun colors and personalize with a logo or initials.  I buy my zippers at Zipit on ETSY she has a great selection and great prices.

There are lots of tutorials on line if you have never made zipper pouches.  I make mine 11.5" wide and 9 inches deep and use fusible fleece to give them some body.  I have a set of instructions I hand out when I teach them as part of a quick gifts class.  If you would them let me know and I will post them to the files section.

Judi

Mary Jo Hirsch

Head bands with initials

--
null

Kaye Lessard

Makeup towel!!!
Kaye in la

SALLY JOHNSON

I would love the instructions!

On Jan 19, 2019, at 10:28 AM, Judi Rutherford <willwork4fabric@...> wrote:

I would make zipper pouches.  They are quick to make particularly in an assembly line :-).

You can use fun colors and personalize with a logo or initials.  I buy my zippers at Zipit on ETSY she has a great selection and great prices.

There are lots of tutorials on line if you have never made zipper pouches.  I make mine 11.5" wide and 9 inches deep and use fusible fleece to give them some body.  I have a set of instructions I hand out when I teach them as part of a quick gifts class.  If you would them let me know and I will post them to the files section.

Judi

Cat - N

I made zippered bags in the embroidery hoop last Christmas.  I made 19 in one day...the embroidery machine worked on each bag about 5 minutes on each bag...I didn't personalize because they were 'pick one' gifts...I worked all day making them, then turned them right side out the next day.  Some of the fabrics I used needed to be matched during cutting, so those took longer.  Then I made more the next day, so a total of 22 in only 2 days.  I made them in my RE18 hoop (5.5x7), so they were a nice size.  They were overwhelmingly received, and I ended up making at least a half dozen more soon after, because people liked them that much.

First choice went to very close family, and they were told they could choose as many as they wanted.  My DIL selected several, some for herself, some for my grandson to carry crayons, etc., in.  My granddaughter chose several, and put nail polishes in them in a drawer, which keeps them nice and neat, and they travel with her easily.  Some friends use them to carry diabetic supplies with them...very discrete.

I kept one for myself...the black and hot pink one, and I carry ear buds, a tape measure, an ink pen, and some other small items in it like right now some peppermints since I breathed something in the day after Christmas and the peppermint helps with breathing.  The bag fits into my inside jean jacket pocket nicely. One family member uses it for cosmetics she carries in her pocketbook.

The embroidery design I used was "Easy Zipper Bags 2" from digistitches.com (I have no affiliation with the website other than as a customer), and the design came in six different sizes (4x4, 5x7, 6x10, 7x12, 8x12, and 8x14).  I did greatly reduce the instructions...way too much taping, and the recommendation to use clear tape on the zipper teeth...yikes...lots of work. I only did that once, then just used painter's tape when/where necessary, but I had done quite a few ITH projects before, so making the bags was very fast after I condensed the instructions...but that's me...LOL

I chose the 5x7 size because I had lots of 9" zippers and I wanted a moderate sized bag.  I used a lightweight Pellon fusible interfacing, and the bags came out fantastic.  So many people loved them, that I went back and made more for several other people...one of my friends loved hers so much she called me and asked for one for her friend...LOL  I also made more purple ones at Christmas because apparently, a lot of my friends and their daughters (and my granddaughter) love purple, and I ran out of purple bags very quickly.   I have put photos of some of the bags into an album I just created.

I have made other zippered bags like those since then, and those  are definitely 'on my list' for 'token gifts' for special little 'thank you' kinds of things.

- Cat (in FL)

Joyce Daniel

Judi,

I would really love your pouch directions posted in the file section please.

TIA! Joyce

Happiness cannot be traveled to,

owned, earned, or worn.

It is the spiritual experience of living

every minute with love, grace & gratitude.”

and giving full credit for blessings from our Lord

- Denis Waitley

**All lives matter to God, and should also, to each of us.