Error message on 11000

Charlene Kay Bergren

Hi Jim - I just read your response to the 15000 error message regarding  "Raise Presser Foot and Needle Bar, then turn power on again."   I am getting this message periodically on my 11000.  If I turn the power off and then turn it back on, the message usually disappears and it is working ok again.  Does your advice follow the same path on the 11000?  Is there a procedure to find the sensor or will I have to take it back to the service person. I just had it serviced and I think I failed to mention this problem.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Jim Stutsman

On the 11000 that message nearly always is due to the presser foot height sensor. Over time the knee lift linkage gets slightly out of adjustment and causes it to stick. You can sometimes get it to go away by lifting the presser foot and then “slamming” it down. It’s easy for a technician to fix it. Just have him or her adjust the knee lift as referenced in the service manual.

Virginia

Try giving your machine a good cleaning especially in the bobbin area at times it is a small piece of thread in your cutting option. I had the same issue and it was foot pedal. You probably should take it into your dealer if this does not work.  Virginia. 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/15/19 9:15 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Error message on 11000

Hi Jim - I just read your response to the 15000 error message regarding  "Raise Presser Foot and Needle Bar, then turn power on again."   I am getting this message periodically on my 11000.  If I turn the power off and then turn it back on, the message usually disappears and it is working ok again.  Does your advice follow the same path on the 11000?  Is there a procedure to find the sensor or will I have to take it back to the service person. I just had it serviced and I think I failed to mention this problem.

Thanks in advance for your advice!