Topics

Facebook Echo

Jim Stutsman

I just posted this project to Facebook, so I'm putting it up here as well. It's a simple one, which was one of our Christmas gifts that year.
Door Drapes.pdf

Sandie Williamson <stitchin211@...>

It didn't work for me. It started & then gave me an error message.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 4:58 PM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io wrote:
I just posted this project to Facebook, so I'm putting it up here as well. It's a simple one, which was one of our Christmas gifts that year.
Door Drapes.pdf

Jim Stutsman

It may be too large a file for your ISP. This often happens if you are on satellite internet. Unfortunately I can’t do anything to fix that.

juliadlf.ny@...

Jim: Would it be okay to zip it?
I just downloaded the pdf okay but then zipped it to compress the file. I can put that in the file if that helps those who have slow internet.
Just a thought.
Julia

Jim Stutsman

I did that. Surprisingly it's actually slightly bigger when zipped! The problem is most likely due to the images. I will create a low-res version for the bandwidth impaired.

Jim Stutsman

I have created a much smaller file with lower resolution images. It should download without problem.
Door Drapes Low-Res.pdf

Cat - N

Very pretty!  I bet they loved the door drapes.  Thanks!

- Cat

Jim Stutsman

Here's another post I've made to Facebook:

Your machine cost a lot of money, so you naturally want it to last as long as possible. To that end we offer this:
A video with a couple of tips: https://youtu.be/3XaXmeFG0Y0
Blog posts with some more: Prolonging the Life of Your Machine - 1
Prolonging the Life of Your Machine - 2
Prolonging the Life of Your Machine - 3

Sharon Simmons

Thank you, Jim for the video and information to prolong our machines.  I watched the YouTube video about winding bobbins which is exactly the way I wind a bobbin on my 15000 with one exception:  I was told when you put the bobbin on the winder, to turn it counter-clockwise until it clicks and then start winding your bobbin.  I’m not sure what this does, but I’ve done it every time.  Sharon

Here's another post I've made to Facebook:

Your machine cost a lot of money, so you naturally want it to last as long as possible. To that end we offer this:
A video with a couple of tips: https://youtu.be/3XaXmeFG0Y0
Blog posts with some more: Prolonging the Life of Your Machine - 1
Prolonging the Life of Your Machine - 2
Prolonging the Life of Your Machine - 3

Jim Stutsman

Reminds me of a story I read about a lady who cut the ends off every roast she ever cooked, because her mother had done that. She finally asked her mom why she did it and was told that it was because her roasting pan wasn't big enough for the full roast. I don't know what is accomplished by doing the counter-clockwise twist, but it won't hurt anything.

Roberta K

Hi Jim,
i would like to know how to floss the tension disks on the 11000?

Thanks,
Roberta in FL

Jim Stutsman

Fold a narrow strip of fabric in half. Raise the presser foot. Insert the fabric into the right hand threading slot at the top of the machine. Pull it in as far as it will go, then work it back and forth to dislodge whatever may be stuck in there. Yesterday a video was posted in the 15000 Facebook group suggesting the use of denim, as it tends to grab onto debris better.

bhd02@...

Just caught up on the last couple days of posts. Appreciate, not only the good info, but the humor. Just lost a fur buddy and it helps.

Tracy

Roberta -

I buy a package of UNWAXED dental floss and pull a string of it out and floss with it.  It's amazing what you can get out of the tension disks on your machine!  You must be sure that the package of floss says it's UNWAXED.  If it doesn't say - it's not the one you want as it will be filled with wax and that leaves a residue that you do not want.

Also - no matter what you are going to floss your tension with... dental floss, a clean dollar bill (or $5, $20... whatever - but needs to be crisp and clean), a strip of fabric...  Put a piece of fabric or paper under your foot and cover the hole into the bobbin area.  Keeps the gunk from getting down in there when you are cleaning/flossing.

And- be sure your presser foot is UP to get your flossing back deep into the back of the tension.

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Deb Keldrauk

Jim would it be possible for you to post a link to this tension disc clearing video? I follow a few 15000 FB groups are you speaking of your FB group? Anyhow, I can’t seem to locate the video.
Thanks

Jim Stutsman

https://www.facebook.com/tadyer1/videos/10218114328959409/

Andrea B. Herschel

This link doesn't appear to be working.   This is the message I got:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

https://www.facebook.com/tadyer1/videos/10218114328959409/