Topics

Tension

Mary Jo Hirsch

my LucyLu, is behaving badly. First let me say. I’ve changed needles, thread masterpiece and aurfil. The thread continues to break, rethreaded numerous times.  Locked out to thread needle, auto thread didnot work and then suddenly worked.  My real problem the tension is inconsistent, at times upper and then other times .lower.
Cleaned bobbin area and upper thread channel.  I’m attempting straight sewing, ( red bobbin case) nothing fancy.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Jim Stutsman

Try flossing out the tension. Fold a narrow strip of fabric in half. Lock the machine. Put the folded edge into the tension slot and floss it back and forth. Hopefully that will dislodge the debris that's in the tension causing inconsistent tension. If that fails you probably need to see your dealer.

Mary Jo Hirsch

Thank you for a little help from a friend.  Lucy Lu is herself again.  Thanks 😊👍⛑

--
null

Virginia

Janome has a fairly new needle with a purple tip
 I find tension issues and skipped stitches have been corrected by simply changing to the purple tip needle
 Virginia.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

my LucyLu, is behaving badly. First let me say. I’ve changed needles, thread masterpiece and aurfil. The thread continues to break, rethreaded numerous times.  Locked out to thread needle, auto thread didnot work and then suddenly worked.  My real problem the tension is inconsistent, at times upper and then other times .lower.
Cleaned bobbin area and upper thread channel.  I’m attempting straight sewing, ( red bobbin case) nothing fancy.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Claire Schutz

What about removing the piece before the tension, where you first place the thread, don't know name for it.  Think someone mentioned the latest machine, Quiltmaker 15K, you can't remove that. Claire S.

On 1/13/2019 9:28 PM, onlinesewing via Groups.Io wrote:
Try flossing out the tension. Fold a narrow strip of fabric in half. Lock the machine. Put the folded edge into the tension slot and floss it back and forth. Hopefully that will dislodge the debris that's in the tension causing inconsistent tension. If that fails you probably need to see your dealer.

Jim Stutsman

Page 159 in the V1 & V2 15000 manual shows how to do this. It should be noted that debris in this area normally causes an increase in tension, causing bobbin thread to appear on top. Model 15000 machines that were built as Quilt Maker (V3) do not have a removable cover and cannot be cleaned this way.