Topics

Happy Sewer

bhd02@...

I've discovered the small dual feed foot, used it on the application of binding on a sewing bag. It had to go over thick vinyl straps and didn't even flinch. One of the reasons I purchased the 15000 was the dual feed. It is so smooth and easy to install. The extra light also comes in handy, especially when having to remove tiny stitches.

HEATHER COWAN

I also just used this foot after having the machine three years.  Wow .... I love it.  This machine has so many lovely features.   Short of having stitch regulator and positioning camera ...... what could Janome add. [AccuSetter works but. ... ]
Hugs
Heather

On Jan 11, 2019, at 08:23, bhd02@... wrote:

I've discovered the small dual feed foot, used it on the application of binding on a sewing bag. It had to go over thick vinyl straps and didn't even flinch. One of the reasons I purchased the 15000 was the dual feed. It is so smooth and easy to install. The extra light also comes in handy, especially when having to remove tiny stitches.

Theresa Lindal

Good news, I have not used those feet yet, so just learning quilting and binding.  Do you have a picture of the bag? If not I will just try it out.  Have had my machine for four years and still haven"t used it like I should have.  Not enough hours in the day, that didn't come with the machine, have to talk to Janome.  Thanks

Theresa

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM <bhd02@...> wrote:
I've discovered the small dual feed foot, used it on the application of binding on a sewing bag. It had to go over thick vinyl straps and didn't even flinch. One of the reasons I purchased the 15000 was the dual feed. It is so smooth and easy to install. The extra light also comes in handy, especially when having to remove tiny stitches.

mkeegan651

What number is the dual feed foot please.

bhd02@...

The manual lists it as 859835101. The zipper foot is 859838001. See page 3.

bhd02@...

I'm new at the photo add so not sure if it went. At first two photos were so large I deleted them, then tried adding them as an attachment. It disappeared, so will wait until tomorrow to see if they're approved. The bag is a pattern called Beatle Bag. I removed the bulky closure and replaced it with a simple strap. Maybe someone can advise on the photo adds. Thnx.

Jim Stutsman

Photos are easiest to add if you make your post from the group website: https://groups.io/g/onlinesewing-janome
You just click the photo icon in the message window and upload them.

Randi Kemper

I would like to know that too!
--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Theresa Lindal

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 11:28 AM onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Photos are easiest to add if you make your post from the group website: https://groups.io/g/onlinesewing-janome
You just click the photo icon in the message window and upload them.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#23524) | Reply To Group  | Mute This Topic | New Topic

I found the picture on google that was cute.

bhd02@...

I seem to be missing something. On the home page, if I click on photos, there's an opportunity to create a new album, but no "add photo".  If I click on Messages, just messages come up, no "add photo". I will keep trying.

Jim Stutsman

After you create the album you will have the option to add photos to it.

Dotty Gullion

I have bought a used 11000. Hardly used. Ive taught myself to use machine but cant figure out where to start with installing software or getting designs off the internet.please help

bhd02@...

Got it.

Cat - N

Hi, and congratulations on your new 11000!!

I am not an 'expert' but I got a pre-owned 11000 at the beginning of 2015, and a 15000 in early 2016.   My 11000 was already upgraded by a dealer to v.2 by the dealer so it was the equivalent of an 11000 SE when I got it. I upgraded it myself as soon as I got it to v.3.0 (I purchased the kit), and then to v.3.1, which is the highest possible for the 11000.  The upgrades are not difficult but what the machine can be upgraded to depends on the current version level.

i.e.:

If at v.1 now, you would need to talk to a dealer about v.2 (to upgrade it to be 'like' the 11000 SE), since hardware needs to be installed.

If at v.2 now, the v.2.1 update is free for download on the Janome Support Machines 11000 website, but that is the highest without the v.3.0 kit, which would need to be purchased. You may need to ask a dealer about that kit.

If at v.3.0 now, v.3.1 is a simple download free from the Janome Support Machines 11000 website...instructions are included for download.

V.3.1 is the highest level. ‎There is a driver you will need, too...also free from Janome. If you have Customizer, depending on the version you have, there is an update for it, too.

So, when you turn the machine on, what version does it show on the display?

About designs, ‎just search for embroidery designs or whatever design you are looking for...you will find tons of them...find the ones you want, pay, and download.  You will need to get the design onto the 11000 either by USB drive or USB cable from the computer. There are two other ways that I know of but those are the most common.

The embroidery design websites vary...some‎ you may like more than others, many have specials and sales, sime offer samples to stitch out to see if you like the digitizer's (human's or software's) work in your machine, etc...a lot of purchasing designs is very personal preference...LOL

- Cat

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10.
I have bought a used 11000. Hardly used. Ive taught myself to use machine but cant figure out where to start with installing software or getting designs off the internet.please help
_._,_._,_

Dotty Gullion

V.1 is what i have. Thanks

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 10:15 AM Dotty Gullion via Groups.Io <dottyinsc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have bought a used 11000. Hardly used. Ive taught myself to use machine but cant figure out where to start with installing software or getting designs off the internet.please help

Cat - N

You are welcome.  Enjoy your new machine!

- Cat