Topics

Chat feedback

bhd02@...

Am feeling a little clumsy with my lack of tech skills, but am trying to learn with your patience.
Just read and enjoyed the chat transcript and have a couple (or more) comments in response.
For Diane...PT has saved my shoulder and a hip, so encourage you to continue your exercises even after your therapy is over.
My first embroidery machine was a 9700 and I quickly "outgrew" it, but at that time the dealer had no classes. I moved on to a Viking, then Babylock before I found the 15,000. Fortunately my dealer sells and services both Janome and Brother, so I've ended up with both.
Question about Apps: There was discussion about Diane's AcuQuilt app. Where do I find it? Is it a purchase? A download? The tech stuff is what most confuses me about the 15,000 because I'm not clear about the differences between Horizon Link, AcuStitch, AcuFil and all the verbage about the iPad. Can any of this stuff be used without additional equipment?  If it's not on my machine, I don't want to deal with it. I do have the workbook but can't seem to find time to study long enough to make sense of it.
Re fabric: Many sewers I know scout thrift stores. Someone mentioned a trade event. Here in Fresno there's a store called Second Chance Fabrics. They buy unused fabric from sewers then repackage and sell at reasonable prices. Not sure if they're online but they go to craft fairs and other sewing events.
Re retirement: There was no time for me to sew for fun. It wasn't until after that I discovered embroidery and all the classes that surround it. After 15 years, still can't get enough.
The lists are a godsend as I've found that even those who teach classes are more project oriented and don't know the unique features of the machine.
Thank you so much.

Barbara Castle

Hey, fellow valley resident! I live in Hanford and shop at AVS. Ayden’s i’ll See you there!

Barbara Castle

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:11 PM <bhd02@...> wrote:
[...]

Ugh! Spell check! Maybe I’ll see you there!

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 1:50 PM Barbara Castle <barb.w.castle@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim Stutsman

All of our apps are based on the iPad and iPhone. That's because Janome provided an iPad free with the 15000 at product launch, although it was mainly in the US. Janome has a number of apps for the iPad, including AcuEdit, AcuMonitor, AcuDesign, AcuSetter, and AcuStitch. I think they made that choice to get away from the complexity of Windows, although they still provide Windows software with their machines.

All of our apps can be found here: http://www.onlinesewing.com. Look for "Apps" in the black column on the left and you'll see them. Each app page has a link directly to the App Store for easy installation on an iPad or iPhone.

Patricia Ward

Hi  bhd02...  The reference to Diane's work with the video on using acufil to quilt a quilt top is about the videos in the APP  My 15000.     I highly recommend this APP because it will really help you learn, understand, use and love your 15000.  Many people are visual learners and Diane does a wonderful job with each video that explains every aspect of this machine as well as some of the other APPs and Horizon Suite Link.   Jim gave you the URL for the Apps and the Footbook is another very useful APP for learning about the machine and the uses of the feet.
I am not associated with the company who makes these APPS but am a very happy user who depends on them to refresh the old mind at times and learn more about the machine.

Good luck and hope you love your 15000; it is a wonderful piece of computerized equipment.

Pat in MD

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 4:11 PM <bhd02@...> wrote:
[...]

Will look for you.

bhd02@...

Thanks. I'm on my way there. Knowing about the IPad at launch answers a big question.

bhd02@...

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 02:11 PM, <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
http://www.onlinesewing.com.
Found the site and the apps, but asked a question re individual pricing in the support box, but got response that "couldn't execute".  Didn't see individual prices for Foot Book and Quilt in Hoop apps.

bhd02@...

Whew! Cancel that last one. Found it,