Topics

Starting off the new year

Jim Stutsman

A recurring feature of Reddit, which likely only a few of you know, is the AMA - Ask Me Anything. Reddit AMAs are done with celebrities answering the questions of the live attendees. I don't have access to any celebrities, but I thought we might kick off 2019 with a chat amongst members. If a dozen or more list members voice interest via replies I will put up a chat on January 1, at 3pm CST. Since our group is global I'm thinking that's a time that will be more or less civilized (with the possible exception of Aussies nursing hangovers):
     4pm EST, 2pm MST, 1pm PST, 9pm in London, and 8am on January 2 in Sydney.
There will be no agenda, just questions, answers, and general conversation. Hopefully it will be a fun departure from the norm. If enough people are interested I will post a confirmation. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Pixey

Jim,

The idea sounds intriguing.  But will we need to create a Reddit account ahead of time?  I have heard of Reddit, but have no actual firsthand experience with it.

Pixey

On Dec 28, 2018, at 4:35 PM, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

[...]

No, I only meant to use Reddit as an example. The chat would be here, on this list at the Groups.io website. Everyone involved already has the necessary account.

Mary Jo Hirsch

Yes please anything you offer is of benefit. Thanks

--
null

Kathy

I may not participate much, but I would be definitely be interested in what others have to say. I might even chime in😊. Happy New Year

LindaB 1

That sounds like fun!

--
LindaB

LindaB 1

-- Only thing   TOO REMEMBER THE TIME AND DATE!
LindaB

Joyce Daniel

count me in. Sounds fun and informative.

Judi Rutherford

Sounds like a good start to the New Year!

Hettie Lynn

I’m interested. I’ve had my machine 5 months and my dealer went out of business the week before Christmas. I have so much I want to learn. Seeing questions from others is always helpful.

Hettie Lynn

Deb Keldrauk

Sounds great Jim.

Barbara Anderson

I,m interested.

. Barbara Anderson

On Dec 28, 2018, at 10:01 PM, onlinesewing via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

No, I only meant to use Reddit as an example. The chat would be here, on this list at the Groups.io website. Everyone involved already has the necessary account.

VLS

I would love to join in, hoping I will remember the date.
Thanks Jim

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#23357) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_

Patricia G Hayes

what are we talking about please. i have been absent for long time. thanks pgh

Mary S. Hahn

Count me in.

On Dec 29, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Hettie Lynn <hltynes@...> wrote:

I’m interested. I’ve had my machine 5 months and my dealer went out of business the week before Christmas. I have so much I want to learn. Seeing questions from others is always helpful.

Hettie Lynn

Carole O'Mara

I’m interested.  Will this be a daily ‘chat’?
Carole

Sara

Jim, I am interested....Sara

Andrea LaVergne

Count me in!
Andrea

Estelle Torpy

Sounds like fun. I’m in. Tuesday, January 1st at 2 pm MST here in Colorado, USA.

Estelle

Sharon Simmons

I would definitely be interested but not sure how to go about getting on Reddit.  Great way to start 2019!  Sharon