Topics

max stitches for a design on a 12000?

Joyce Daniel

What is the max number of stitches I can do in a design with my Janome 12000?
I have googled and looked thru my manual but I am not seeing this info.
TIA! Joyce

Jim Stutsman

cladydi328@...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Jim and Diane. Thank you for everything you do for us.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL
Diane in NC

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Dec 24, 2018 10:44 pm
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] max stitches for a design on a 12000?

Vikki Youngmeyer

If memory serves me correctly, it is 100,000 stitches.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Joyce Daniel
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 7:00 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] max stitches for a design on a 12000?

TIA! Joyce

Virginia

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/24/18 7:59 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io

TIA! Joyce

Steven C. Haber

I know this has already been answered for the 12000, but I knew I had this somewhere from 2015, a summary of the file types, memory including maximum USB memory stick size,  and max stitches for each Janome machine.

If the attachment doesn't come through, I'll find another way to share it.

When I had my 11000, I remember that although it supported up to a 2GB USB memory stick, the larger the stick, the longer it took to display designs, so I kept small ones around to speed things up.

----- Original Message -----
Reply-To: <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
To: <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Sent: 12/24/2018 7:59:54 PM

TIA! Joyce

Pixey

I remember seeing this chart before and it is not quite accurate for the 350e.  You can do a file transfer via a USB, so it should be Y not N.  Also the folder path is actually a double level one EmbF>MyDesign.

I also have stocked up on smaller drives because I find they do work a lot faster and my older 350e in particular liked USB drives of 1G or less.  Trade show giveaways were a great source for these small drives.

Pixey

On Dec 25, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Steven C. Haber <sc_haber@...> wrote:

I know this has already been answered for the 12000, but I knew I had this somewhere from 2015, a summary of the file types, memory including maximum USB memory stick size,  and max stitches for each Janome machine.

If the attachment doesn't come through, I'll find another way to share it.

When I had my 11000, I remember that although it supported up to a 2GB USB memory stick, the larger the stick, the longer it took to display designs, so I kept small ones around to speed things up.

Sent: 12/24/2018 7:59:54 PM

TIA! Joyce
<JanomeMachineSummary.pdf>

favymtz

The other piece of information that's incorrect on the chart is the 9900 should be Y(es) for USB transfer.

Steven C. Haber

Thank you all for the corrections. This sheet was in a packet of stuff Janome distributed at the 2015 institute, so hopefully we can find a corrected one at some point.

--Steven

Sent: 12/26/2018 10:11:10 AM

The other piece of information that's incorrect on the chart is the 9900 should be Y(es) for USB transfer.

Sue Sweet

Steven and others, I think you may be misinterpreting the “USB Transfer” notation.  I think it refers to the transfer of designs via USB direct to the machine via a cable which would be correct for the machines listed. The MC350E and MC200E can use a USB stick but do not have cable connection.
Sue

Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:43 AM

Thank you all for the corrections. This sheet was in a packet of stuff Janome distributed at the 2015 institute, so hopefully we can find a corrected one at some point.

--Steven

Pixey

Funny, I don’t think of a cable connection as “USB”, but you may be correct about my misunderstanding of the intention of the heading.  That would explain it.

Pixey

On Dec 26, 2018, at 3:38 PM, Sue Sweet <ssweet4@...> wrote:

Steven and others, I think you may be misinterpreting the “USB Transfer” notation.  I think it refers to the transfer of designs via USB direct to the machine via a cable which would be correct for the machines listed. The MC350E and MC200E can use a USB stick but do not have cable connection.
Sue

Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:43 AM

--Steven

favymtz

Thank you, yes I believe you’re correct! Neither the 9900, 350e, and 200 have the usb cable to transfer designs. 
Favymtz 

Cheryl Paul

The cable connection has a special plug at the machine - it isn’t the same shape as a regular USB on one end and a regular USB on the connection that goes into the computer.

Most embroidery machines after the 11000 are capable of using a USB Stick for design transfer, but if there isn’t a cable with the machine that has a square connector at one end and a regular USB connection at the opposite, you won’t likely have the option to transfer designs directly from the computer to the embroidery/sewing machine. Check your manual for all the parts that are included with your machine - that will give you the best clue as to what you can do for design transfer, etc.

Stitch count for embroidery also varies. The 15000 was the first machine to have a maximum of 200,000 stitches or maybe the 9900 - but the 12000 could only handle designs that were less than 100,000 stitches, which annoyed some folks I know at the time they discovered that fact. Then they were further annoyed when they found out that there was NO WAY that Janome could expand that with an upgrade. However, you’d need the patience of Job to want to stitch out designs with that many stitches.

Cheryl - Saskatoon